Let Ravenous Hydra scale on Crit, for the Melee ADCs.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2013

Let its active and on-attack portions crit with damage that can be enhanced by critical damage modifiers.

Crit chance and crit damage are the two stats Melee ADCs tend to aquire in far greater numbers than Fighters and Bruisers.

By preventing Hydra from using crit chance and damage, it ignores some of the damage stats of those champions, making it a weaker buy for them than it could be.

Aside potentially overpowering Gangplank, I don't see why the item doesn't use crit chance or crit damage.

(And in my opinion, just changing how Parley works relative to the item would be worth making it a better buy on Master Yi and Tryndamere.

Only if it would be neccessary to nerf it with this change, of course.)

67chrome

02-28-2013

I guess that would be nice, I'm generally finding I regret picking it up as-is on Fiora, it seems most of the people writing guides on her feel the same way.

It's attributes don't synergize that well with MADC kits either - lots of AD is nice if you have enough AD ratios to be an AD Caster, but when your kit is centered around stacking critical strikes - picking up AD, AD, and more AD with items that offer useful passives gets pretty old pretty fast, and also sees sub-optimal scaling pretty fast.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

The item probably still wouldn't be rush worthy on an Melee ADC with this change, but it would make it a much better choice for the end game.

67chrome

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
The item probably still wouldn't be rush worthy on an Melee ADC with this change, but it would make it a much better choice for the end game.
Probably. AoE damage is another damage scaler, so striking multiple targets there can still help. I wish it offered armor instead of health regeneration though, getting in the face of multiple enemies to make the splash damage deal damage from splashing isn't great when there's such a limited selection of offense/defense items melee ADCs can actually get.

Backup4now

03-02-2013

and also make it available for ranged champs.

anyone?
..anyone? no? ah well, worth a shot

Galgus

03-04-2013

As hilarious as that might be if it stacked with Runnan's, Ranged ADCs really don't need Ravenous.

(And the active would be very awkward for them to use anyway.)

Tripping Hedges

03-04-2013

This would break the item.
It already has tremendous scaling with AD as-is, giving it a critical strike proc would just make it too devastating. It's not meant to be built on crit-melees, anyway. It's built to give you better waveclear, an AoE presence, better DPS, and better overall sustain (lifesteal, health regeneration, pass and active sustain).

copperpoint

03-05-2013

I always thought that hydra was made for Shyvana ^^ Sadly the health regen part makes no sense at all, the LS is nice though. With some crit instead it would be nice on her...

ALthough that ****ty micro CD on hit makes it a joke on her, as her ulti + Q doesnt work like it should.

turulHAARP

03-05-2013

it's too expensive at the moment and have some useless stat on it.Should be fixed first.
Probably exchanging the hp regen with crit strike chance would be a good idea to test.
BotrK and BloodThrister are generally better choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chrome View Post
I guess that would be nice, I'm generally finding I regret picking it up as-is on Fiora, it seems most of the people writing guides on her feel the same way.

It's attributes don't synergize that well with MADC kits either - lots of AD is nice if you have enough AD ratios to be an AD Caster, but when your kit is centered around stacking critical strikes - picking up AD, AD, and more AD with items that offer useful passives gets pretty old pretty fast, and also sees sub-optimal scaling pretty fast.
You are supposed to build IE first on her anyway(want to punch every fiora player who builds Hydra on her first) with some lifesteal.Not because of the ulti but because when you activate E.The ultimate was godlike with old Ionic spark because how it interacted with her ulti also the hp and attack speed stats were incredible useful.Statikk shiv is not good because it counts the moved distance and auto attacks and gives charge accordingly...

Kholdstare13

03-06-2013

I can picture it now...
"I'll be usin' ye for chum!"
*click*
Pentakill.