I hate promotion series >_>

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xUnHolyX

02-28-2013

nono. if he is a troll, I'll admit that he is a troll, and report them... The enemy team doesn't deserve a loss because a player is being a d-bag... now I'm not going to surrender because of it, but I'm not going to gloat about being handed the win on a silver platter.

When I win a game like this, I almost always apologize for their luck and wish them better luck next time in the after game lobby.

NinjaDog

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyknowsyou View Post
LOL over 50 percent, it's a 66 percent ratio. Something not even the great pros have

When you've had a 5 game winning streak just to lolyoutried

it's just, irritating :P

again, if this was the regular elo, I'd have gained something out of it.
Your regular elo still exists. It is contained in your MMR. The new league system is just a skin over what is actually there. Your MMR determines the amount of LP you win/lose every game. And if your MMR is very high, then you will be back to your promo series in no time. And FYI... the only way to win more than 50% of your games in your promo series is to win at least 2 of them. I was in no way stating that 51% would suffice.

Elsabet

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyknowsyou View Post
LOL over 50 percent, it's a 66 percent ratio. Something not even the great pros have
Why wouldn't you be expected to achieve at 66% ratio of wins at an elo you "don't belong at"/are trying to move out of? Hell, if you really super don't belong there, you'll win better than 80%.

xUnHolyX

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabet View Post
Why wouldn't you be expected to achieve at 66% ratio of wins at an elo you "don't belong at"/are trying to move out of? Hell, if you really super don't belong there, you'll win better than 80%.
You... are absolutely WRONG.

Your logic applies to a NON-TEAM based environment.

LogicalTautology

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnHoly453522 View Post

It really doesn't. His logic is just fine. If you are the SAME skill level as everyone else but never "troll/feed/afk", you'll win 56% just like that. So if you're significantly better than all 9 other people in the game? Yeah, you can win 2/3. Which is actually significantly easier than the 66% number would imply: if all 10 people are even, you win 2/3 games 50% of the time.

NinjaDog

02-28-2013

Quote:

Refer to my previous post. Your MMR is unharmed no matter how many consecutive promo series you get to and lose. To get there, you are raising your MMR, and the amount of games you win to get there is not outweighed by the 2 games you lose to fail getting promoted. If you are good enough to advance, you will eventually advance. Just keep playing.

xUnHolyX

02-28-2013

Skill isn't necessarily all that factors into every game. There is luck, laning matchups, runes, champion matchups, switcharoo (highly effective in some situations) where top and bot lanes are swapped from one side, thus totally throwing off the balance of the lanes...

Regardless, in a team situation, no matter the skill level, the greatest factor for winning is DEFINITELY communication and true TEAMWORK...

angryWelchMan

02-28-2013

But in the case of the lane swap, the enemy group of random strangers has better communication then yours so they deserve to win.

Also if your only winning 50% of your games you are at the right level so therefore you shouldn't be advancing

NinjaDog

02-28-2013

Quote:
Skill isn't necessarily all that factors into every game. There is luck, laning matchups, runes, champion matchups, switcharoo (highly effective in some situations) where top and bot lanes are swapped from one side, thus totally throwing off the balance of the lanes...

Regardless, in a team situation, no matter the skill level, the greatest factor for winning is DEFINITELY communication and true TEAMWORK...
Did someone say... "TEAMWORK"?! Unheard of...

No but really... luck has nothing to do with it. It is simply the decisions of others affecting you because you are 1 of 10 and cannot control the game on your own. If a player leaves, that isn't bad luck for you. That is him making a conscious decision to leave you at a disadvantage. If a team swaps their top and bottom lanes, that is them making a conscious decision to try to mess your team up. And if your team gets counter picked, well again... someone made a conscious decision to put you at a disadvantage. There is no luck involved.

xUnHolyX

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryWelchMan View Post
But in the case of the lane swap, the enemy group of random strangers has better communication then yours so they deserve to win.

Also if your only winning 50% of your games you are at the right level so therefore you shouldn't be advancing
Only 50%? 50% win rate, in a game like this is rather high... to be honest..

When I first came into ranked I played a BUNCH of games in a row to get the feel for it... because people play a LOT differently in ranked. That set me back, but I didn't complain, I know understand a lot better than I did, but being in Bronze V will pair you with TONS of players like I was... making it incredible difficult to advance.