Any Tips on how to play support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dimac

02-28-2013

I am level 30 and have played mostly Top, Mid, or ADC and now that I am starting to play more ranked games I figured it would be best if I learned more rolls to be more versatile in the picking process. So if anyone could give me some pointers on how to play support it would be greatly appreciated.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2013

Basics are:

* Ward
* Don't take the CS (don't last hit minions)
* Protect the carry
* Give your carry kills

that's about it.

TehomCD

02-28-2013

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...pport_players/

Isn't bad for a basic guide. I need to get better at timing enemy summoner spells as my biggest weakness right now as a support player.

WhatUlooking4

02-28-2013

If you play offensive support, stay on the side bush and ward aggressively because you will be priority target for jungles. If defensive support, ward defensively and let adc farm until mid to late game. Offensive supports include Leona, Taric, Sona, Lulu. Defensive support include Alistar (depends on adc), Soraka, Janna. Good luck.

Niek

02-28-2013

A key to being a support is to substantiate your entire team by helping your AD Carry. If you are able keep your ADC alive and fed, you in turn help your whole team. So protect your carry. Sometimes, you must die in order to save your carry because they won't get as much gold by killing you, verses killing your kill streak carry. Also, do NOT last hit he minions. Your carry needs the gold to be effective because they are item dependent. You are not. Also, CC the important targets so that your carry can hit them more easily. Lastly, Ward, Ward, Ward. It is arguably the most important thing a support can do because map awarenesss helps your entire team.

kungfuhustle44

02-28-2013

I am about half way to 30, but I have found soraka to be the champion I enjoy the most. With soraka you get
-a heal
-free mana/ silence for carry/enemy
-Aoe magic dmg
-Global, teamwide heal

In terms of playing her, I suggest googling "soraka guide" and there is one through LoL that is about being a support in general. The most important items to get are
-gold generation
-wards!! upgrade all the way to red wardstone
-mana and health regen
-armor + mr
-AP

Supafly GLHF

02-28-2013

Been a lot of similar subjects lately...but here ya go.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3176749