Low Bronze Player LF Team [My Story]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oNeffy

02-27-2013

I understand the fact that most people do not want to pick up a bronze player for their teams but here I'm going to give my situation, story, and my strengths/weaknesses.

Well I started playing league around two years ago, give or take a few months, and have taken quite a few long breaks due to not understanding the game. Came back about three months ago and haven't set it down and not looking into setting it down any time soon since I've gotten much better. I'm definitely not the best player but I can play just about any role besides top. I slowly started expanding my champion list and have yet to stop continuing it in hopes of mastering, or getting close, each role.

The reason I'm in Bronze IV and can't climb out is because when I first started doing ranked, I wasn't very good and stopped playing it once I became ranked. I was placed in Bronze IV and was not happy with it so I decided to start doing ranked again. Have been to my promotional games three times now and every time I do, I get either afk adc or afk mid which caused losses. I won't say I'm better than everyone on my team because chances are, I wasn't and I won't take credit for being so. Realizing I will probably never being able to climb out of this division, I have wanted to join a team and start with a clean slate and show the team my true potential in ranked games as far as teamwork goes. Whether or not I'm picked up isn't up to me.

As for my strengths, I can jungle pretty well as long as support, mid, and adc if my support is at least decent. I can't top lane very well at all in ranked so I stay away from it. I excel at certain champions more than others, which I'm ashamed to say, but learn very quickly and will take constructive criticism very well. Some of my weaknesses are.. Overbearing I suppose some would say. I don't do well when the other team trash talks because I feel as if they're right and I start to perform worse. I also tend to do worse when my teammates blame me for everything instead of giving my advice rather than saying "gg uninstall scrub" etc.

I hope I'm considered for a team. I don't have to start as a starter, that's obvious. In fact I would rather have a trial period where the existing team members tell me how I can improve and how I could benefit the team more. I do not wish to take any one member(s) slots, I just wish to be utilized for what I can offer to a team(s).

Thank you for reading,
oNeffy a.k.a Trenton

SSGBlue Heart

02-28-2013

Like dis if you cry every time.

oNeffy

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUafraìd View Post
Like dis if you cry every time.
Okay so clearly you are a little bit younger than the age of 12 so please refrain from posting on peoples' posts if you can't supply an at least decent reply.

ZeroShift

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2013

I took back rUafraid's like to your post. Unfortunately I would have agreed with him that maybe your situation was unavoidable, but your response to his makes me think otherwise. I understand that promotion matches you get a fair amount of ill-circumstances (as I myself failed 3 promotions on this very same fact) but from what I see your "dedication" to ranked is pathetic at best. If you want something of substance as you suggest rUafraid didn't "supply" a decent reply then here it is: Do more ranked and prove you are worth more than bronze.

I'll tell you right now, I've been in and out of 5's teams for a long time now and have given up on them till I reach a higher tier elo and can make a name for myself there. Right now you're preaching to nobody and telling everyone a story they haven't themselves experienced or are experiencing at this moment. 5's teams are all the same, everyone wants something that they can't achieve alone, but everyone believes they can contribute more to the team than they are able to.

I was a support main all of Season 2 and for the 5's team I got plat with, but that aside, we were nothing in comparison to higher tier players. Something didn't fit and that something was individual skill (myself included). The team has since disbanded and we've all gone our seperate ways, but the one thing that all 5's teams will teach you is that you need to learn to rely on yourself more. The things you do and the things others do in the game are not seperate, but are a part of the same thing which can/will lead to an eventual win.

Teams are ranked based on the individual ratings of players on the team. Since you're bronze I assume if you try joining a team you'll eventually be picked up by silvers / other bronzes. Golds are too highstrung on themselves to even consider a bronze regardless of their story, thats just the way they are, an plats don't have their eyes set on anything below platinum. I'm an exception, playing with bronze and silvers I've found to be a much more enjoyable experience than playing with golds / plats who think they own the world. Regardless, if you really want to be better, to play among the best, you're going to have to put some serious time into this game. To reach the level of play you need to go anywhere in e-sports you'll have to prove individually that you can handle the pressure, the mental stress (which is ranked), the ability to team fight. I wouldn't spend all this time typing this out to you if I didn't believe you had what it took to be a better player, but as you are now you won't amount to much of anything. If you just blatently brush off someone's "possibly sincere response" as a, "younger than 12 year old response" you've a long way to go before you'll be any use to anybody in League of Legends.

Understand yourself first before seeking out others. That's my "supply" of a decent response to you.

JarBeeKar

02-28-2013

This is my story as well, to the core. :,(

oNeffy

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerøShift View Post
I took back rUafraid's like to your post. Unfortunately I would have agreed with him that maybe your situation was unavoidable, but your response to his makes me think otherwise. I understand that promotion matches you get a fair amount of ill-circumstances (as I myself failed 3 promotions on this very same fact) but from what I see your "dedication" to ranked is pathetic at best. If you want something of substance as you suggest rUafraid didn't "supply" a decent reply then here it is: Do more ranked and prove you are worth more than bronze.

I'll tell you right now, I've been in and out of 5's teams for a long time now and have given up on them till I reach a higher tier elo and can make a name for myself there. Right now you're preaching to nobody and telling everyone a story they haven't themselves experienced or are experiencing at this moment. 5's teams are all the same, everyone wants something that they can't achieve alone, but everyone believes they can contribute more to the team than they are able to.

I was a support main all of Season 2 and for the 5's team I got plat with, but that aside, we were nothing in comparison to higher tier players. Something didn't fit and that something was individual skill (myself included). The team has since disbanded and we've all gone our seperate ways, but the one thing that all 5's teams will teach you is that you need to learn to rely on yourself more. The things you do and the things others do in the game are not seperate, but are a part of the same thing which can/will lead to an eventual win.

Teams are ranked based on the individual ratings of players on the team. Since you're bronze I assume if you try joining a team you'll eventually be picked up by silvers / other bronzes. Golds are too highstrung on themselves to even consider a bronze regardless of their story, thats just the way they are, an plats don't have their eyes set on anything below platinum. I'm an exception, playing with bronze and silvers I've found to be a much more enjoyable experience than playing with golds / plats who think they own the world. Regardless, if you really want to be better, to play among the best, you're going to have to put some serious time into this game. To reach the level of play you need to go anywhere in e-sports you'll have to prove individually that you can handle the pressure, the mental stress (which is ranked), the ability to team fight. I wouldn't spend all this time typing this out to you if I didn't believe you had what it took to be a better player, but as you are now you won't amount to much of anything. If you just blatently brush off someone's "possibly sincere response" as a, "younger than 12 year old response" you've a long way to go before you'll be any use to anybody in League of Legends.

Understand yourself first before seeking out others. That's my "supply" of a decent response to you.
Now THAT'S what I wanted. Thank you. This helps more than reading guides, watching people play, all that. The reason I had called him "younger than the age of 12", etc, is because its obvious he's not being sincere. Or at least seems so to me. Typically the troll doesn't spell every single word correctly and let it make sense. The fact he said "dis" makes me believe he was trolling.

But thank you, that was an answer I actually enjoyed reading even if its not 100% positive, which isn't what I wanted.

HofJayHawk

02-28-2013

Besdied from this guy's very well worded argument, I rather liked your original post. I added you ingame, and wish to talk to you.

ZeroShift

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by oNeffy View Post
Now THAT'S what I wanted. Thank you. This helps more than reading guides, watching people play, all that. The reason I had called him "younger than the age of 12", etc, is because its obvious he's not being sincere. Or at least seems so to me. Typically the troll doesn't spell every single word correctly and let it make sense. The fact he said "dis" makes me believe he was trolling.

But thank you, that was an answer I actually enjoyed reading even if its not 100% positive, which isn't what I wanted.
I thought about it and you're probably right about the trolling... I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions myself. I've had a real rough time with school projects and deadlines as of late, but that doesn't excuse my rudeness. Hope you can forgive me... and best of luck.

oNeffy

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerøShift View Post
I thought about it and you're probably right about the trolling... I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions myself. I've had a real rough time with school projects and deadlines as of late, but that doesn't excuse my rudeness. Hope you can forgive me... and best of luck.
Everything is well. I didn't see it as rude anyway.

oNeffy

03-02-2013

b