Terrible ****ing teams.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

Senior Member

03-02-2013

Let's make some things really clear, HoodriiicH. After I make this post, I will stop responding to any posts of yours unless they address everything I (or other) say, in a rational manner.

1) Pros win an absurdly high amount of their games in Silver; probably upwards of 90-95%. This is without possible debate, so I won't bother with anything else here but to say that you are clearly not Platinum.
2) You are ranked at the same place as all of these players on your team, so are about as good as they are. This means that they win just about as often as you, that they contribute to their team's winrate just as much as you do, and are just as likely to carry or feed in any game as you are. I therefore suggest that you go into every Champ Select with the attitude that you are as likely to be the best player on your team as the worst, and not that your teammates suck.
3) Play all roles. Contrary to what the poster before me said, never argue over a role with someone picking before you. Ever.
4) The worse your teammates are over a significant number of games, the more games you will win. The opponents are just as bad as your teammates, so you should easily dominate a team full of terrible people, since they aren't lucky enough to have you on their team.
5) I'm willing to accept that you might be consistently having much worse teammate play than statistics would suggest. Guess what that means? That your attitude towards players you perceive as holding you down is so vile as to cause them to go on tilt and play worse.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Simply Chaotic

Senior Member

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
3) Play all roles. Contrary to what the poster before me said, never argue over a role with someone picking before you. Ever.
Ignore this. The rest is solid.

In Silver, if you don't call a lane you are expected to fill. In higher tiers, this does not apply. But in Silver tier, it does. It shouldn't. But "shouldn't" is not an excuse.

Yes, compromise. You are proficient at other roles. Make it clear you are not as good at those roles.

Don't play all roles in ranked. I don't care if Phreak or a Challenger Tier summon says. Do NOT play all roles in ranked. Playing all roles is for unranked only.
Practice to get better at all roles, then add them to your list. Do not play all roles until you reach that point. Playing a role you aren't as good with only sets your team up for a loss.

Enter Ranked with the expectation of playing your best champion at your best role. Accept some compromise, pick down a bit. Do not pick a role/champion you are not absolutely comfortable playing in ranked. Ranked is not for practice or testing/confirmation. It is for playing your best against everyone else's best.


Assume, for example, that you played against me mid. Mid is my best role...but let's suppose you are decent at mid, not great, but competent. You play mid with average skill against me with high skill. Who do you think wins the lane? That can mean the difference between a win/loss.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Echo5kw

Senior Member

03-02-2013

Seriously man, you talk like you're gods gift to LoL. If you were as good as you make yourself out to be, your teams would win. Every time. I'm at the SAME LEVEL as you and I am NOT *****ing about the same things you are. What does that tell you, since there's a HUGE number of people in mid bronze-mid silver who all say the same thing as I am?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Echo5kw

Senior Member

03-02-2013

i'm going to use an example from my last game. look up the 1/6/9 game as Tristana. First off, it's well below my average kda as trist, and my usual farm as her. My team was not good. Not because the individual players were awful, but we had no synergy (especially me and my support, that was miserable), but rather than come away being pissed off that I lost and that we got stomped, I look at it as a learning experience that I DID NOT communicate what I wanted to do enough. Try doing that. Rather than saying "I'm great my team sucks gg"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xSeCKSx

Senior Member

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodriiicH View Post
Your argument is invalid. Diamond players would have no need to make these complaints, as they are at Diamond level in leagues, not ****ty silver. To get out of ****ty silver, I require better teammates.That is all I ask. I do not think I am better than I actually am. I know how good I am, and how bad the teams in which I am placed are. At this point, I have no weak points, other than my temper regarding the horrendous play of my teammates, thus I require no "words of wisdom." This is due to reasoning explained a couple of posts above. Have a nice day, hater.
Even diamond folks criticize each other. Silver isn't "super bad", it's where most folks fall into. Watching any plat or diamond stream I know they outclass me in their sheer ability to farm naturally regardless of how the lanes play out. I know I'm not "good" in comparison as watching those streams have allowed me to better pinpoint weaknesses in my own play.

You definitely have weak points, as even the best players have them. If you can't acknowledge there are things you can improve on, you won't elevate your level of play. The fact that you get pissy with your teammates alone probably costs you wins you could have salvaged but you raging at your teammates only led to them playing worse instead of simply catching up.

Sure, there are games where my team completely dominates the other. But for the most part, one team gets ahead a bit and its the team coordination as a whole that decides who ends up winning the match.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

Senior Member

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Chaotic View Post
Ignore this. The rest is solid.

In Silver, if you don't call a lane you are expected to fill. In higher tiers, this does not apply. But in Silver tier, it does. It shouldn't. But "shouldn't" is not an excuse.
I'm in Silver. And if you're last pick, you should be filling. If you're first pick and someone else calls mid, just be polite and say "I think I'm going mid, sorry."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xDingwithsalad

Member

03-03-2013

No offense buddy, but you're not good. I used to have the exact same opinion as you-OMG THESE FEEDERS, OMG L2P N00BZ. But then when I realized that I wasn't as amazing as I thought, my gameplay vastly improved. Complaining about your teamates in your games is what loses you the game. Sure, having a feeding lane sucks. But you can carry them. Honestly, it's you. Once you get off your high horse, you will realize that you can win a significantly more amount of games.

By all means though, consider yourself a god. I'd rather laugh knowing that people like you play in Silver so I don't have to play with them in Gold.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xSeCKSx

Senior Member

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDingwithsalad View Post
No offense buddy, but you're not good. I used to have the exact same opinion as you-OMG THESE FEEDERS, OMG L2P N00BZ. But then when I realized that I wasn't as amazing as I thought, my gameplay vastly improved. Complaining about your teamates in your games is what loses you the game. Sure, having a feeding lane sucks. But you can carry them. Honestly, it's you. Once you get off your high horse, you will realize that you can win a significantly more amount of games.

By all means though, consider yourself a god. I'd rather laugh knowing that people like you play in Silver so I don't have to play with them in Gold.
I myself felt the same way till I watch the diamonds stream - I didn't think myself at that level - but it was blatantly clear I had a long way to go.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IM Justice

Junior Member

03-03-2013

Remember it is not your fault; its theirs. (explained later)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
3) Play all roles. Contrary to what the poster before me said, never argue over a role with someone picking before you. Ever.
I do not agree with everything LogicalTautology says. I do agree with this quote the most.

A player that plays one role has the understanding of every role. For example, I play support exclusively in ranked. I play support and as a result I have an understanding of how to play top and mid. Past a certain point, everyone's character skill becomes the same; it is not difficult to press QWER. Therefore, the difference between Platinum and Silver is player judgement.

In terms of mechanics, Platinum players are better than silver because they know when to trade and when to farm. The read of the game does not make them more skilled; the read of the game makes them more aware of the necessities. The original poster stated that they play tanky junglers and land a perfect initiate. Their team does not follow up on their perfect initiate and the teamfight is lost. At your level, the perfect initiate is defined as when your team can follow up rather than the ability to catch an enemy carry out of position. Timing is significant as well as judgement.

The owner posted that they always buy wards and uses the ward in a game. At the "gold" level, you should already have a read on the plays. Therefore, it is not sufficient to buy wards and use it to ward river; it is when use the ward. For example, you start purple side and you ward the enemy jungler's red buff. The enemy jungler starts at blue and is not at red by 2:05~2:15; therefore the jungler is at a lane. Even tough you ward red, you wanted to ward the river/tribush. As a result, you just wasted time on one ward and have to buy another. Timing in the game is what sets apart higher divisions from lower.

Another example is when your adc is pressured to the turret. You as a support decide to ward the river. The enemy notices that the support is missing and dive the adc. Timing is everything. For junglers, a gank is not successful unless you are aware of the enemy cd and creep wave. At a creep wave disadvantage the only way you can win is by forcing cds prior to the gank. Therefore, you should only engage when you can secure a kill by noticing discrepancies in the skill set of the enemy, otherwise you wasted time.

Note that I did not discuss the intangible asset of jungler presence. This is up to the jungler's judgement.

Overall, remember you are in silver because of your choices. Overall, remember that it is not your fault, it is theirs; they outplayed you. Keep in mind of general timings, such as when TF has his stun down because he wanted mana, engage since he cannot stun for another few seconds. These margins is what sets apart the platinum from the rest.

Disclaimer: Correct my mistakes since I am still relatively new to the game with only 200 wins in normal and about 30 wins in ranked. I am Silver I, halfway to Gold V. I enjoy support since it help me be a better gamer; you can carry your team as support.

PS: I noticed that the owner explained things to his team. Get that pretentious stick out of your bumbum. Generally, explaining what to do to your teammates generally results in a loss. People already know what to do already and they beat themselves up for it. You do not need to remind them of their errors. You are negatively afflicting your team that way and you should watch yourself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Simply Chaotic

Senior Member

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
I'm in Silver. And if you're last pick, you should be filling. If you're first pick and someone else calls mid, just be polite and say "I think I'm going mid, sorry."
You said "should." I also said "should."

You are right that pick order "should" be the determining factor. But, I'm a realist. I know, that in Silver tier, pick order is not the determining factor. It should be...I want it to be...but it isn't.

If you are the only person on your team going against the wave, that makes you wrong...not right. But only in that one circumstance.