Dom bots... has bots...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wingstreet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

So I decided to do a quick dom bot to get my win of the day before I go out this morning... Well, I got a nice surprise... Darius was definitely a bot. he would latch on to the first allied champion he saw within about 800-1000 range, never capped, stood still when an ally wasn't around, went directly at enemy champs regardless of how many when they got within his range, clear as day a bot. I reported him for not communicating with the team... there is no tab for bots or third party programs so I figured that was the best way lol.

the guys name was Iuliu not too sure what is L and what is I there though.

A Slime Appears

03-10-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...&highlight=bot
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3121948

Not sure if it's a new problem, but it appears to be an issue nonetheless.

DiscworldDeath

03-10-2013

A red post had replied to this issue last week, somewhere.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

it's an old issue that reds hadn't bothered in looking at till recent times when it became more massive.

BeefJerkyHunter

03-10-2013

Really friggin' stupid...
I've had a few of these bots before as well, and most of them didn't even have a halfway decent bot code and the bot crapped after the first 2 minutes of the game never to leave base again.

Zeiro

03-11-2013

Just before new year, I created a smurf just to see what it feels like at low level, since I want to know how new players were doing at Dominion (Remember, we got no tutorial.).

In almost all my games, there's always "players" whose moves are too robotic. Pretty much what wingstreet described, minus the waiting for ally part. My guess is that, it's an "improved" bot AI, since in the time on my smurf, they keep pushing/charging forward even when there's 3 enemies in front of them. And then repeat the same thing after they revived. Some don't even use skills that I could simply auto-attack them to death with an AP champ (yes, I tried).

I always talk to my team back then, and at times, it feels like I'm the only one who's human.

Lowbie dominion games has its victor determined by who has less bots.

So yes, to new players who can recognize these bots, Dominion is an ugly mode plagued by bots.

darkiebrownjuice

03-11-2013

I've found a few, as well as some suspected as being their 'handlers'. One such I've seen TWICE today is "Darius Bot", except with an accent over the 'i.' Running Dominion bots on match history, level 24, no runes, no masteries. Had more or less the same behavior as OP suggested. A player by the name of "best ap corki NA" or the like was probably it's 'handler.' They both afked at the same time in a certain match earlier this morning.