Lee Sin Help?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dehunter456

02-27-2013

Yeah. I bought Lee Sin on sale. I can clear camps pretty well with a good red leash and get to level 4 quickly. I can't seem to get ganks off. I can't seem to deal enough damage to the other enemy. Any advice? And should I build sightstone on him?

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2013

I had lots of trouble with him too when I first picked him up during a free week, but I came back to him later and he's become one of my favorite junglers.

Practicing your skillshots will help alot, since you'll have a much easier time if you can hit your Qs. Use your E as CC to slow your target, and once you're 6, try to use that slow to reposition for an ult. W also gives you great mobility, and can be used as a gap closer to jump to your teammate, if you can get them to bait an engage in lane.

I don't build sightstone, personally, but on him it probably works pretty well - you get extra durability and always have a ward to W to if needed.

Generally I rush a madreds and basic boots as soon as possible. In most games, I go for an early warmog's, but if I get ahead, I sometimes build damage instead. Brutalizer and tiamat are some of my preferred damage items. For upgraded boots, I like to go mercs, and I enchant with homeguard or captain for initations.

Lategame I try to protect my carries, shielding them with W and peeling with E and R. If you're far enough ahead and have other peel in your comp, you can also go for an assassin role.

Hope this helps. If you have more specific questions, let me know.

AutisticSkills

02-28-2013

I'm currently using lee sin as my top jungler. I don't know what summoner level you are so ill assume your pre 30. after you clear both buffs you need to have more than 1/2 health generally to proceed with a gank. Pre 30 top and mid laners tend to not buy wards to start these are the lanes that are easier to gank. look to see whos lane is pushed more. and depending on the situation lead in with your q or save it for when they are running away. Ganks are a 2 man job. communicate with your team let them know you are coming and have them engage. You can shield them if they get low, slow target and when you have your ult knock them towards your teammates for a very high kill success rate, I will say that landing your q isn't as important as getting that slow off. I will say that with wiggles that free ward is enough for you to pop it up and ward jump to safety if needed.

dehunter456

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutisticSkills View Post
I'm currently using lee sin as my top jungler. I don't know what summoner level you are so ill assume your pre 30. after you clear both buffs you need to have more than 1/2 health generally to proceed with a gank. Pre 30 top and mid laners tend to not buy wards to start these are the lanes that are easier to gank. look to see whos lane is pushed more. and depending on the situation lead in with your q or save it for when they are running away. Ganks are a 2 man job. communicate with your team let them know you are coming and have them engage. You can shield them if they get low, slow target and when you have your ult knock them towards your teammates for a very high kill success rate, I will say that landing your q isn't as important as getting that slow off. I will say that with wiggles that free ward is enough for you to pop it up and ward jump to safety if needed.
Thanks for the advice! I'm a level thirty in bronze hoping to go higher to at least go to silver. I think Lee is the champ that can get me there as I find him very fun.

Supafly GLHF

02-28-2013

I know people do different things with Lee Sin sometimes depending on which side your team starts on (blue/purple team). Here is a link to the guide I used for him but plenty others are out there. Hope it helps.

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...in-build-guide

Kuryaka

02-28-2013

Dunno why Sereg got downvoted.

A few more tips:

Lee Sin has ridiculous mobility. He also takes a lot of planning and skill to use effectively.

I played Lee Sin jungle even though I can't land perpendicular skillshots. It works, but you'll need to learn to land skillshots to use him to his maximum (ridiculous) effectiveness.

I haven't tried him after the W change, but my old skill order was E -> W- > E -> Q. That should still be good for jungling if you can't get a level 2 gank.

If you can gank at level 2 (enemy pushing like mad), I'd advise getting Q for the chasing ability.

When ganking, you can get teammates to bait the target in, you go in with W shield and land a slow, proceed to beatdown.

A sightstone or ward is always good. It basically makes you a manaless LeBlanc - free ward jumps on call. Sightstone's 2-ward limit just means that when you place down your third active ward, the first ward disappears. No need to wait for it to disappear.

Lee Sin is a slippery bugger. If you're being chased, wardjump away, or try to position yourself so that you can then Q to a jungle target.

As far as his ult is concerned, you can do an "execution" combo with Q -> R -> Q, which makes you stick with the target, and maximizes Q damage to boot.