Been Playing Zed & Diana -- Any Tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laurix

02-27-2013

I haven't touched this game in 3-4 months, but I decided to come back and start playing TT again and am honestly having some difficulties.

I usually top/bot, and I've grown tired of my common picks (Jayce, Wu, Panth, Garen), and have been playing a lot of Zed when we need AD, or Diana for AP. Here's the problem, literally since I started about a week ago, I keep facing these same champions top: Elise, Darius, Jax, Garen, Singed, Tryn, Jarvan, and Khaz.

I know in ranked half of those are banned, but before jumping into ranked again I've been playing a lot of normals with not much success. One of these two scenarios always seems to happen:

1) I play aggressive and lose because all of the said champions can take me early game. Or I get ganked by jungler because I'm pushing too much.

2) I play passive, last hit with Q's, because I know I can't engage 1v1. This usually results in me getting zoned out of XP range, and when the creep wave finally hits my tower, the opposing top/bot just contests alter or goes to gank. If I leave lane I lose farm and xp, if I stay we lose objectives.

I don't remember having such a hard time before.. But lately I can truly admit is has just been loss after loss in terms of laning phases. If any Zed/Diana players have tips let me know. Maybe they're just not good on TT due to meta, maybe I'm just playing them wrong.

Either way I need da halpz!

Laurix

02-27-2013

Bump.

xxxRjxx

02-27-2013

hrm, although i dont usualy play zed what are the general builds you use? and runes? although im not exactly pro, all i usualy play is 3's, and i gotta say, as long as you wont be bursted down in one quick burst, as long as you can give some harass and keep them around the same hp that you are at it makes it harder for them to gank or steal an altar, it works especialy well if your bot lane dosent over extend and can manage to help with protecting an altar (i know, it seems like i'm talking about everyone being on the same page, and that sometimes dosent happen) just keep your head up, and try not to let them faceroll you up top, as a general bottom laner, add me in game, maybe we can play a game together, so i can see how you play, and figure out what you may or may not need to improve on

Nerdsinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2013

Hmm, You need to play agressively but know when to back off. Don't just be on the complete offensive all the time, ask your jungler/bot laner to gank you and make safe trades. Enemies can and usually will take advantage of you the moment you start playing too risky...

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2013

You should be able to outharass Jax, Trynd, and Singed, pre-6. You're missing your (very time limited) opportunity there.

There's nothing wrong with losing a little farm to save your alter. As long as your bottom lane is not ALSO pushed and low, their toplane isn't going to be able to push you and come take the alter alone. Your team will come up, kill him, and you now caught up in gold/xp. If ALL lanes are in trouble, let the alter go, and rely on towers.

You'll keep seeing a bunch of those same champs top, even in ranked. You listed 8, and some aren't common bans. Throw Vi/Xin in there as well as common issues. Unfortunately, if you can't handle them with Zed/Di, you may just have to switch champs (or at least head into botlane, where you have some support).

If you've been gone for months, you're probably still just adapting to SI, vs old TT. I'd go back to some monkey games for a while, until you're comfortable with the difference in strategy.

xDingwithsalad

02-28-2013

Honestly, if you "play passively" you're doing it wrong. Playing aggressively, going for kills, etc. isn't the right way to do things, but letting people push you to turret, is, well, your fault.

PermaFriedRice

02-28-2013

diana is insane id like them to rename her q False hope tho because somedays its splash are dmg is perfect others i dont know whats wrong or if its the size of a needle tip but it can be tricky landing it in groups to hit all 3 or more

Mid Is A Feeder

03-01-2013

Honestly with diana, you can't do any kills until you hit 6 or they dive.

With zed? A lot of his power comes from 6 as well, and you could be roflstomped by a sona before 6.

PurpleURP

03-01-2013

dont really play zed but for diana always go bot lane in a 1v1 or 2v1 situation. you need a solo lane to farm effectively. 1v1 just harrass with q, after a couple lane you can last hit with autos, use the shield to trade damage, you come out on top, but dont go for a 1v1 kill unless its totally free before 6, if its 2v1 just last hit with q, use shield to farm under tower and avoid harrass, freeze lane by your tower til 6. once you are 6 you can now do things. really the key is to land q before you ult, only use ult without moonlight on the enemy if it gets the kill otherwise you just screw yourself. Also, CDR is whats up, try to fight around the time you finish large CDR items. for build I like to start boots+tome+1 hp pot, get dorans ring and finish lucky pick first back. the ring is very important, its the mana regen, you basically dont run out with it and the passive regen from the map. rush blackfire, sorc boots, then get a nashors, now that you have the 40% cdr get wooglets abyssal rylais DFG lich bane as needed.