TROLL in your series DODGE? STAY?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bloodbrew

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
In 14 months of playing League, I've literally never seen anyone go into Champ Select with the intention of trolling. I've seen exactly 1 case of someone leaving Champion Select and entering the game with the intention of trolling; every other time they have dodged if no one else did.

Either you are vastly overrating the occurrence of these people that are not trying to win the game as soon as they leave the fountain, or there is something different about the way you and I act in Champ Select that causes people to want to spite you.
I have been playing a few years. This is happening in "ranked" games. I do have limited experience of this happening in "normal" mode (maybe one time/normal mode). It is happening more since the new system. It was a lot less common before. I also play on EU west in Silver 3 and I find that it happens less on that server. The person will normally spout something about losing a series or on a losing streak and announce they are trolling. After asking them to please not do so and you can turn it around, logic cannot enter into their emotional mind-set.

NeonPanda

02-27-2013

For the most part, i've noticed that most people threaten to troll/AFK because they did not get the role they wanted, and they are hoping someone else will dodge and therefore they will have another shot in a different game getting the role they desire.

My reccomendation is stay. Half the time the person won't troll, and even if they do it is very possible there could be a troller/AFKer on the other team as well. And also, if you have some good players, winning a 4v5 isn't hopeless.

Bloodbrew

02-27-2013

LogicalTautology, I thank you for your reply but you have 13 wins in ranked solo and 14 months of play. I am not for flaming but I do ask you keep an open mind and see that others have not had the run of luck that you seem to have encountered. May the good players that share this problem find some of that.
There also was a time when Heimer had 4 turrets and GP could deny xp by killing his own minions. Sad to say that I think the trolls are here to stay and yes they have invaded NA servers at the bronze level from a "logical" point of view. I am sure this is temporary as with other problems. This was a good start by Riot and I am sure they will improve. Putting it in words here will note how great the problem is after others respond also.

Bloodbrew

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandabear135 View Post
For the most part, i've noticed that most people threaten to troll/AFK because they did not get the role they wanted, and they are hoping someone else will dodge and therefore they will have another shot in a different game getting the role they desire.

My reccomendation is stay. Half the time the person won't troll, and even if they do it is very possible there could be a troller/AFKer on the other team as well. And also, if you have some good players, winning a 4v5 isn't hopeless.
Excellent post. Thank you very much. I too have come across this matter though I consider it seperate. I think it is valid that you brought this up and would like to here more about others positive or negitave thoughts on the matter. I wont flame you so say what you will. I cannot speak for someone else though, so open your mind before you pound on a key.

Jacko333

02-27-2013

Stay... and hope they got an idiot that'll troll them as well. Then just pray they have the more inexperienced troll.

Bloodbrew

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko333 View Post
Stay... and hope they got an idiot that'll troll them as well. Then just pray they have the more inexperienced troll.
Mark Twain could not have put it better, thank you. LoL. It reminded me of his quote " Don't argue with stupid people, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience."

LickOLotOpuss

02-27-2013

The tribunal does not work. that is a fact. I had a guy who wanted top, even though he was last on ranked order. He still chose a top champ, and when he couldnt solo top, he purposely started running into the other team or their towers. He was 0/12/0. We all reported him. Even the enemy team did too. The next day, i was in queue, and i saw him. I dodged, and lost my promotion series. LOL needs to give you at least one freebie a day. One chance to dodge a game, and it have no effect on you, your series, or you league points.

Either that, or they need to start a system where if you lose a certain amount of games consecutively, you cannot compete in ranked for a certain amount of time, or until you win a certain amount of normal games. 1 up this if you agree. thanks

Zaltec

02-27-2013

well i just got 7 troll teams in a row..im so ****in pissed right now.

Bloodbrew

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickOLotOpuss View Post
The tribunal does not work. that is a fact. I had a guy who wanted top, even though he was last on ranked order. He still chose a top champ, and when he couldnt solo top, he purposely started running into the other team or their towers. He was 0/12/0. We all reported him. Even the enemy team did too. The next day, i was in queue, and i saw him. I dodged, and lost my promotion series. LOL needs to give you at least one freebie a day. One chance to dodge a game, and it have no effect on you, your series, or you league points.

Either that, or they need to start a system where if you lose a certain amount of games consecutively, you cannot compete in ranked for a certain amount of time, or until you win a certain amount of normal games. 1 up this if you agree. thanks
I do think something needs to be done. I was thinking you earn a token after X amount of games for a "get out of game" for free. I do not dodge often and I surrender even less. In BG's for the other team I offer honor to those for the 20 minutes they spent (not for the trollers/spammers). The other thing I was thinking is a vote for most sportsman-like player by everyone at the end of the game. All have to vote and if you win the majority vote you get point in earning a token I spoke of before.
Thank you for the reply. I do not agree with the lose X amount of games though since anyone person can have a bad run. I do wish they had a majority kick for people that go against picks and troll on purpose. 4 vote to kick and restart would work IMO.

OreIsan

02-27-2013

Dodge in my opinion you lose less LP than losing a game, and it really sucks to waste 30mins of your time getting trolled.