TROLL in your series DODGE? STAY?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bloodbrew

02-27-2013

I have been in a few games where someone on their way down that has lost all hope and feels the need to bring others down with them. I even have a friend I will not game with just because his rage overtakes him and the loss is implanted in his head.
We all have off games and I do not feel that flaming helps the matter.
The main question I have is when in a series and you have a TROLL is there anything that can be done? If I try to dodge it says it will stop my series. These people admit that they are trolling the game feed and go AFK. My only real opitions are "DODGE" or "STAY" in which the troll goes free or I have to wait 20 minutes plus to report him. I hope to see some real reasons to stay positive. The only passive thing I can do is not support the game till they fix something.

Ethylacetate

02-27-2013

...the worst thing is that trolls didnt get banned most of them ask for reports cuz they know that tribunal didnt work

Mich567

02-27-2013

Yeah, Riot needs to fix this. We don't need the penalty that stops the series.
I would stay, because you can still win. Might as well try, eh? And never give up...

Bloodbrew

02-27-2013

That is what I have been trying to do. I am not getting the result I would like and end up reporting them, so at least that is out of the way. Thank you for the post.

LogicalTautology

02-27-2013

In 14 months of playing League, I've literally never seen anyone go into Champ Select with the intention of trolling. I've seen exactly 1 case of someone leaving Champion Select and entering the game with the intention of trolling; every other time they have dodged if no one else did.

Either you are vastly overrating the occurrence of these people that are not trying to win the game as soon as they leave the fountain, or there is something different about the way you and I act in Champ Select that causes people to want to spite you.

Darkotas

02-27-2013

It sucks, but if you dodge you have a 100% chance to lose your series. So who knows, maybe you'll get lucky with the other team and they'll have a disconnect or troll of their own.

Unbeatabledeath

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
In 14 months of playing League, I've literally never seen anyone go into Champ Select with the intention of trolling. I've seen exactly 1 case of someone leaving Champion Select and entering the game with the intention of trolling; every other time they have dodged if no one else did.

Either you are vastly overrating the occurrence of these people that are not trying to win the game as soon as they leave the fountain, or there is something different about the way you and I act in Champ Select that causes people to want to spite you.
wow mr goodie two shoes..................................when you get into the match screen and two people say mid or troll and they troll.............you think that because we said something to them?

Mcc mist

02-27-2013

I hv met few trollers in ranked games, just keep intentionally feeding. Once, a Garen with revive and teleport just ran to enemy and feed them. do it again and again, run to them once he revived. even funny, he has homegurad.

Mcc mist

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkotas View Post
It sucks, but if you dodge you have a 100% chance to lose your series. So who knows, maybe you'll get lucky with the other team and they'll have a disconnect or troll of their own.
Do not deduct league points when we are in promotion series. this is very frustrated to know that after i ve put all my efforts in the games but i did not get promoted. As a ranked game player, we always try our best in the ranked game especially in the promotion series. but as u known, there are trollers and bad teammates in the game that do whatever they want, so we will normally dodge the game. the thing is, a player who tries have a fair game will be punished by deducting 10 league points.To me, at least, i dont think this is fair and just.
i quoted from my e-mail to riot player support xD

LogicalTautology

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbeatabledeath View Post
wow mr goodie two shoes..................................when you get into the match screen and two people say mid or troll and they troll.............you think that because we said something to them?
It has been literally months since I have seen someone say "[X] or troll".
From a pure psychology standpoint, it's obvious that everyone playing Ranked wants to have success and try to advance in leagues. Thus, it would be self-defeating to enter Champ Select with the plan of throwing the game 80% of the time. What happens far more often is that someone goes into the game wanting to be mid and says "mid", someone else says "Screw you I'm higher in pick I'm going mid", and the first person responds with "lol I'm feeding then".