Is Brand good??

Yes! 12 85.71%
No... 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Brand good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SummonersRiftPlz

02-27-2013

I played Brand alot since he was free these days.
I enjoyed him alot in bot games. I haven't been able to play normals because I never knew when I would have to go, so customs.
How is Brand in real play? Is he as fun and good as I have been feeling he is?
WIth just a Deathcap and a Rylai I could dish out half of an enemy's HP with 2 or 3 spells.

I love his concept also. A man with fire. Classic, simple and cool.

What are your opinions on him? Thanks!

Also vote in the POLL if you have time

Cenerae

02-27-2013

Brand is good at what he does (which is straight up nuking the hell out of everything), but he struggles a little in the current health stacking normal games. Not because his damage is poor but because like all other burst mages it's difficult to drop all these 3.5k hp bruisers.

SummonersRiftPlz

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
Brand is good at what he does (which is straight up nuking the hell out of everything), but he struggles a little in the current health stacking normal games. Not because his damage is poor but because like all other burst mages it's difficult to drop all these 3.5k hp bruisers.
oh I see... Bots don't stack HP right

Cenerae

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummonersRiftPlz View Post
oh I see... Bots don't stack HP right
Bots have a pre-determined item build that they use every game. Players are favoring warmogs armor and other big hp items currently. They don't tend to get a lot of MR, so your spells will still be hitting hard, but as I said, it's hard to take them out with your full combo.

He still works fine if your team can follow up on your damage output though. Should be able to chunk people to at least half if you're doing reasonably well, and that's always a good way to begin a fight.

Necroing

05-28-2013

Brand has always been exceptionally strong in lane whether he goes mid, heck even top lane. His range and superior damage outclass other AP Carries and he only gets countered by AP Assassin's such as Leblanc, Kassadin, Akali, Fizz ( to some extent). The main reason he's not played as much is because people are bad with him. They only know about his W,Q combo which is the high nuke damage and stun. They end up missing that and because it costs lots of mana they end up losing their lane. To play Brand effectively you need to rush Athene's unholy grail because it gives you mana regeneration, cooldown reduction and damage essential for Brand especially when your jungler doesn't give you blue buff. As a brand player you must also remember his E,Q combo which is much more effective. You won't miss your E spell and your Q is very easy to land, after that use your W( pillar of flame) and you pretty much nuked anyone. Brand outclasses bruisers and ad casters because of his high range and damage. Even if they get close to him, they should be scared because he can just E,Q,W and they've lost a load of hp. On top of this Brand is excellent in teamfights, if you have 2 tanks taking the dps in the front lines, you can pretty much nuke the entire enemy team with your ultimate, without being touched. Starting build--> Magic Penetration Boots, Athene's unholy grail, Zhoyna's hour glass. This build is situational depending on who you're facing. If your opponent is AP rush Athene's, if they're AD rush Zhoyna's. The closing point I'm trying to make is more people need to main Brand mid and stomp with him, he's high reward and even if you're not fed, you're still useful unlike other AP mid's. Seriously I've played many games where I had no kills and I'm still able to burst down the enemy team.

Azellos

05-30-2013

Brand is a good mid, he's just hard to play and less versatile.

However, he does have his niche, and he excels in that niche. He's also one heck of a lane-bully if you play his early game well.

Technician Tim

05-30-2013

if u ever catch their ad carry out farming a side lane, or catch their support warding a jungle, maybe their assassin was helping himself to your blue buff, they will die instantly, anything with a ton of health, however, will likely limp away without a flash, brand os good at doing a couple thousand damage in a second from long range, great waveclear if you find your back to a tower..