Does anything cancel Vi's Ult?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argent Heretic

02-27-2013

Do pantheons and TF's ult stop it?

CaldwellYSR

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoruichi View Post
It's a logical game mechanic. It's not based on pseudo fantasy mechanics. Back in the day, going invis/getting out of site would cancel caits ulti (which was already on you). It took the reward away from cait for using her most powerful ability. They changed it, and have implemented the current mechanic from this day on.

It's like how flash used to cancel projectile abilities. Wasn't a whole lot of fun for the taric player.
I can see it not canceling if the bullet is already on the way or if Vi was already right there when you hit the stealth... but what I can't see is if I stealth while Cait is still aiming that ult it should cancel it, same with Vi if I stealth right as she starts to move towards me, it should cancel it.

Christmas Sona

02-27-2013

I remember someones snare cacled me out once. The champ was a girl and started with a Z. But other than that, I heard that kill crazy teamates can cancel it ( Aka, killing your target right when you are DUNKEDing them in yout arms). I hate it when that happens cause I still get CD

ICantNameMe

02-27-2013

Tethered abilities in LoL can only be broken by distance or death, but since you can't outrun Vi, there's no way to stop it. It's the same logic as Morgana ult or Fiddlesticks drain... even if a twitch manages to stealth during it, he'll still be effected unless he manages to get out of range. Yes, Zhonyas and Banshees are alternatives to avoid the cc. I wouldn't advise QSS, since it won't prevent the initial knockup, but only removes the stun afterwards.

imaloony

02-27-2013

Olaf.

iProbie

02-27-2013

I've seen so many basic abilities being able to stop it
like Syndra's Scatter the Weak (if Vi gets hit by a sphere being launched)
and actually saw Anivia's wall stopping her when timed right.

flduckhunter73

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaldwellYSR View Post
I'm aware of this but I do not understand how Kha's stealth doesn't cancel it. That seems like a bug to me.

Its not a bug, wants she hits you with the ult, you are gonna get hit. She locks on to you. What you can do is go invis right BEFORE she ults you which wouldn't allow her to get the ult off. Its not like she can just ult you while you are invis. She is locking on to you before you actually go invis.

CaitlynsPanties

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueQuail View Post
Caitlyn's panties.
well played and well baited.

madjai

03-07-2013

Xin's ult does.