Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Garen Q or E?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AmG Risto

03-02-2013

Max e for spin 2 win

EDIT: Make a point in Q

Sijmister

03-09-2013

I used to max Q first always, but now I tend to max E because it is more reliable for the kill and for diving when there are lots of creeps to worry about, but you know you can secure the kill. I usually start by putting 1 point in each ability, starting with Q, then E, then W. At Level 4 I will usually get a second point in Q for the extra duration on the movement speed then I max E. AT Level 5 I pretty much always have 2 points in Q, 1 in W, and 2 in E, and that is the most effective template I've found. If for some reason you decide maxing Q before E would be beneficial, like if you are laning against a mobile champ or someone with good CC, then do that.

Calarrow

Recruiter

03-10-2013

Garen is one of my main in ranked, and this always depends on the situation. Q if, for say it's darius because his damage mainly comes from his melee abilities, e if, for example I'm on Teemo to burst him down. Q=cc and shorter cooldown for your secondary escape E=domination damage if you don't take too much being close to them