Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Garen Q or E?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Jayce Ult

02-27-2013

I'm not really sure what I should be maxing on him...I've been maxing Q first and I haven't been doing so bad. What do you all suggest?

buneter

02-27-2013

I usually get my Q first but max my E first because I like my Q for the silence mainly and the E for the damage

Tim Allen Talon

02-27-2013

It really depends

Maxing Q is safer(Longer MS increase)

But E is the way I have always gone

Xantak

02-27-2013

Q for the longer sleep, and the movespeed to harass/escape. E if you're wanting to creep clear. I always go for maxing Q first myself, and then max out E. Mobility is huge.

BASED GOD CALVIN

02-28-2013

1 in Q then max E

The Magus

02-28-2013

I used to max Q first, the idea being able to have superior trades in lane, much like MemoryLapse's style (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muEqAsE1ItI), but I started having much more favorable trades when I started taking 1 point in Q early and maxing E first. It could just mesh better with the way I play Garen.

Luck Wizard

02-28-2013

As a long time gold ranked Garen player this is my skill order
Start with 1 Q for easy last hits and learn to use it a split second after an auto attack for more burst on a minion or champ. Also use it to sprint out of a bush to grab a minion and return to saftey if against a ranged opponent.
At level two if you are against a ranged opponent (teemo, kayle, vlad, elise are all common ranged tops) then get 1 W. It passively increases your defensive stats, you get more value out of your armor and mr runes and take less harrass
Then the next 3 levels are E. So by level 5 you can start trading for serious damage.

From level 1-4 you basically just want to manage your lane and farm without pushing at all, cheekyly Q them an run off if they get too close. From level 5 on you can start spinning for da winning but until you have at least 3 levels of E you are not a threat.

Best Jayce Ult

02-28-2013

I'm going to try taking one into Q then maxing E and see how I do

SummonersRiftPlz

02-28-2013

Depends. Hard lane max W> Q > E and R ofc.
Easy lane max Q > E > W.
Normal lane and unsure E > Q > W.

That's what I take

FrancisAldric

02-28-2013

I usually take 1 point in Q because it silences, gives ms and does a substantial amount at level 1 (~110). I then max e as soon as possible. the first two or three ranks of spin are really quite weak, so I prefer to get it up to par by midgame and teamfights.
And although this is rather off topic, remember the same thing when playing against a garen. His early spins are not very good, and so you should not fear it too much.