Garen Q or E?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Jayce Ult

02-27-2013

I'm not really sure what I should be maxing on him...I've been maxing Q first and I haven't been doing so bad. What do you all suggest?

buneter

02-27-2013

I usually get my Q first but max my E first because I like my Q for the silence mainly and the E for the damage

Tim Allen Talon

02-27-2013

It really depends

Maxing Q is safer(Longer MS increase)

But E is the way I have always gone

Xantak

02-27-2013

Q for the longer sleep, and the movespeed to harass/escape. E if you're wanting to creep clear. I always go for maxing Q first myself, and then max out E. Mobility is huge.

BASED GOD CALVIN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2013

1 in Q then max E

The Magus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2013

I used to max Q first, the idea being able to have superior trades in lane, much like MemoryLapse's style, but I started having much more favorable trades when I started taking 1 point in Q early and maxing E first. It could just mesh better with the way I play Garen.

Luck Wizard

02-28-2013

As a long time gold ranked Garen player this is my skill order
Start with 1 Q for easy last hits and learn to use it a split second after an auto attack for more burst on a minion or champ. Also use it to sprint out of a bush to grab a minion and return to saftey if against a ranged opponent.
At level two if you are against a ranged opponent (teemo, kayle, vlad, elise are all common ranged tops) then get 1 W. It passively increases your defensive stats, you get more value out of your armor and mr runes and take less harrass
Then the next 3 levels are E. So by level 5 you can start trading for serious damage.

From level 1-4 you basically just want to manage your lane and farm without pushing at all, cheekyly Q them an run off if they get too close. From level 5 on you can start spinning for da winning but until you have at least 3 levels of E you are not a threat.

Best Jayce Ult

02-28-2013

I'm going to try taking one into Q then maxing E and see how I do

SummonersRiftPlz

02-28-2013

Depends. Hard lane max W> Q > E and R ofc.
Easy lane max Q > E > W.
Normal lane and unsure E > Q > W.

That's what I take

FrancisAldric

02-28-2013

I usually take 1 point in Q because it silences, gives ms and does a substantial amount at level 1 (~110). I then max e as soon as possible. the first two or three ranks of spin are really quite weak, so I prefer to get it up to par by midgame and teamfights.
And although this is rather off topic, remember the same thing when playing against a garen. His early spins are not very good, and so you should not fear it too much.