Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Phantom Dancer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mynx The Origin

02-27-2013

I miss when the Phantom Dancer gave a 12% move speed boost on top the other stats it gave. Over all, the new Phantom Dancer is a nerf compared to the previous one. Sure, it grants no unit collision, but that's more helpful when there are multiple units in your path, like team fights and minion waves, but in general, it's less effective. The previous Zeal gave 1% more speed than the Phantom Dancer and Zeal of now. I think that the Phantom Dancer should at least give a 7% speed boost if it's to be more valuable to champions who rely on it in their builds while still not overdoing it by keeping the no unit collision.

This is just me thinking out loud, so I don't actually expect a serious response from anyone.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

02-27-2013

It was nerfed on purpose, y'know

Dark Kuno

02-27-2013

Movement speed items were nerfed across the board, not just PD

Boots, Lichbane, PD, Zeal, Triforce, etc etc etc

You're not getting unit collision in place of some movement speed. The item's movement speed was brought inline with the new item design constraints and then they added unit collision ignore.

Mynx The Origin

02-27-2013

I'm aware. It's just wishful thinking. I never really noticed that MS was reduced in general. The only one I could really make use of (besides boots) before the whole nerf was the PT. It's what I had perceived since I joined shortly before that happened. XD

Slash7

02-28-2013

+12 % movement speed for 2 seconds has been added to fury tear for boots

FearTheBurns

02-28-2013

When they nerfed MS items it was because they buffed all characters base MS the total net effect is the same or very close to it.
The reasoning behind doing this was so boots/pots was less required as opening item purchase.

67chrome

02-28-2013

Dividing movement speed into an arms race of sorts was pretty annoying though, honestly. Especially considering Phantom Dancers stacked. As fun as it was for me to zoom across the map as Vayne, it was way more annoying to see an enemy Zin Xhao zoom across the map. Having 15%/12% movement speed on Phantom Dancer also more or less forced you to get it for an attack speed item, leaving other options like Madred's Bloodrazors, Black Cleaver, Cloak and Dagger, and Ionic Spark left behind to collect dust and never really be considered.

Quote:
BrooklinZoo:
When they nerfed MS items it was because they buffed all characters base MS the total net effect is the same or very close to it.

All % movement speed bonuses actually go off your boot movement speed, the only change buffing base MS and lowering what boots offer is allowing more veriaty in starting items. Once you actually get boots there is no difference in how the % movement bonuses are applied, so 5% in this season is exactly the same thing as 5% in season 2 - unless you do something like rush a Zeal as your starting item before even grabbing tier 1 boots.