You're all ok with LeBlanc and BFT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

02-27-2013

LeBlanc is tricky, and it takes her a while to get to a place where her damage is scary to everyone. She also explodes really easily. She's your typical glass cannon, and I'm alright with that being the case.

MyDeadGrandma

02-27-2013

Haha, yeh, that blackfire torch 15 magic pen OMG WHERE DID ALL MY MR GO.

Derp.

lbgsloan

02-27-2013

Mpen runes, boots, and guise all lost mpen, the mastery dropped 2%, and the CS aura 5% is gone. AP is much worse off in terms of pen unless they get a void, it's just that powerful items like BFT and wooglets are actually allowing APs to, well, get AP now.

Rewenger

02-27-2013

You don't build Torch on LeBlanc, she barely benefits from investing extra 2k in it. You leave it be as a haunting guise, sorcs, and those hilarious 20 mpen runes. With void staff, you'll be dealing almost true damage to pretty much anyone. You can get Fiendish Codex and Kindlegem for CDR and upgrade them later to DFG and Hextech Sweeper (10% ms works wonders on LB). And Wooglets, if you manage to get that far.

Eloquid

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
If a really high-skilled LB player kills me, I will applaud him. LB is not easy to play.
I like your sarcasm.

Talith PA

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewenger View Post
You don't build Torch on LeBlanc, she barely benefits from investing extra 2k in it. You leave it be as a haunting guise, sorcs, and those hilarious 20 mpen runes. With void staff, you'll be dealing almost true damage to pretty much anyone. You can get Fiendish Codex and Kindlegem for CDR and upgrade them later to DFG and Hextech Sweeper (10% ms works wonders on LB). And Wooglets, if you manage to get that far.
Someone downvoted you, which I find incredibly odd as this is spot on.

Malah

03-01-2013

Real men play 40 CDR-Rylai Lebonk.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
Someone downvoted you, which I find incredibly odd as this is spot on.
Because people are idiots when it comes to building champs? BFT has the same issue that Black Cleaver has. It was so strong on release that you wanted it on everyone and that became ingrained into some people that these items were "must buys" no matter what.

To demonstrate this, yesterday i asked a Talon who was botlane vs Jayce why they rushed a Black Cleaver. Their reply? "Because I'm against Jayce" That's it. No real understanding of why they purchased the item and what it helps them accomplish. It happens far too often.

MicroMechanics

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
Because people are idiots when it comes to building champs? BFT has the same issue that Black Cleaver has. It was so strong on release that you wanted it on everyone and that became ingrained into some people that these items were "must buys" no matter what.

To demonstrate this, yesterday i asked a Talon who was botlane vs Jayce why they rushed a Black Cleaver. Their reply? "Because I'm against Jayce" That's it. No real understanding of why they purchased the item and what it helps them accomplish. It happens far too often.
On reflection, I find myself incredibly guilty of this complex. :/

67chrome

03-02-2013

LeBlanc can get kills, but she has trouble doing much outside of that. She can't even push minions, which is pretty sad considering she's AP. The jukes you can pull off with her are pretty fun though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
The perpetuation of this hilarious myth is the greatest buff AP ever got in Dominion.
Yeah, magic resistance easily shuts down a wide range of AP champions. The changes to penetrations only help if you actually get a Void Staff, which isn't necessarily easy to accomplish in a game that ends a little after you get 2 major items - especially with Wogglets and/or Blackfire being pretty solid first-buys depending on the champion. Not to mention the unique passive/active on a magic resistance items tend to actually be useful against any source of magic damage. It's not an equivalent to armor and in nowhere near as bad a spot as armor at the moment.

The hard-counter to flat penetrations is resistances. If you have 50 MR, an opponent with 50 magic penetration is going to deal an extra 50% damage against you. If you have 200 MR, an opponent with 50 magic penetration is going to deal 20% more damage. Considering things like AP, AD, and CDR increase your DPS by the same percentage regardless of resistances, that's a prettttty favorable match-up for actually grabbing magic resistance.