Quick ribbon explanation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Andes Krigares

03-07-2013

This is going dead and i dont like it, we seriously need more of a backing on this. Please guys if you read this post after me if you think the idea for an honor change is a good idea Thanks!

ElRumpoDeLaRange

03-19-2013

I have an idea to make honor awarding.

Have it tiered.

Tier 0 = 0 - 99 honor puts you in general matchmaking

tier 1 = 100+ honor allows matchmaking with other tier 1 honor recipients.

To achieve tier 2 you will have to struggle for 500 more honor among tier 1 players.

Once tier 2 you will have to work up that ladder with other tier 2 players.

I believe that this would create a happier gaming experience for those players who deserve it the most.

*** But the only way to achieve such is by playing the correct way.

Helping others learn
No trash talk
teamwork

remember this is a game and everyone learns at different paces. If they are not map aware, try to give advice about that. say to them... "before you rush the guy the next time please look at the mini map and make sure you see all of the other opponents." They will never look unless they see how useful it is.

There are a billion examples of how to achieve a better gaming experience by being polite.

If we tier this then yes the jerks are all gonna be bottom feeders hurting the newbies, which could be a bad thing, but at least if you can wade thru that filth and make it into the honor tiers you will never see them again.

My question is how would you give a twist to the honor system to make it beneficial to those that deserve and receive the honor?

OwlCityBestCity

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElRumpoDeLaRange View Post
I have an idea to make honor awarding.

Have it tiered.

Tier 0 = 0 - 99 honor puts you in general matchmaking

tier 1 = 100+ honor allows matchmaking with other tier 1 honor recipients.

To achieve tier 2 you will have to struggle for 500 more honor among tier 1 players.

Once tier 2 you will have to work up that ladder with other tier 2 players.

I believe that this would create a happier gaming experience for those players who deserve it the most.

*** But the only way to achieve such is by playing the correct way.

Helping others learn
No trash talk
teamwork

remember this is a game and everyone learns at different paces. If they are not map aware, try to give advice about that. say to them... "before you rush the guy the next time please look at the mini map and make sure you see all of the other opponents." They will never look unless they see how useful it is.

There are a billion examples of how to achieve a better gaming experience by being polite.

If we tier this then yes the jerks are all gonna be bottom feeders hurting the newbies, which could be a bad thing, but at least if you can wade thru that filth and make it into the honor tiers you will never see them again.

My question is how would you give a twist to the honor system to make it beneficial to those that deserve and receive the honor?
I personally see no issues with the honor system at the moment, except that you actually have to be positive now.

The idea you've mentioned it basically the "Prisoner's Island" idea, except causing more work for the people at Riot to implement.

Lyte has stated the issues with Prisoner's Island but there's always a chance it may occur. I personally don't like this idea because, if that "positive" environment is like the "positive" environment on this section of the forums, it would more than likely people just butting heads at TRYING TO BE THE NICEST PERSON. COULD YOU IMAGINE? HAHA.

But hey, an idea is an idea and it can always be improved upon or changed. Sure, they need to reward honourable players in more meaningful ways, but I don't think it is the way to go.

Doctor Kadu

10-16-2013

I have 279TW 78HO 45F 26H, no ribbon at all =) I've kinda given up waiting for one too. =)

Scruff10

01-27-2014

If a player has attained a certain level of rewards, and you said it yourself, the players on his team forget to reward that player, why should the person be punished; I'am sure they are still playing the same way they got the rewards in the first place.

OwlCityBestCity

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff10 View Post
If a player has attained a certain level of rewards, and you said it yourself, the players on his team forget to reward that player, why should the person be punished; I'am sure they are still playing the same way they got the rewards in the first place.
Much necro.

I totally forgot about this post. I was supposed to add a lot more to it. Damn.

You're not "punished" for losing your ribbon, it just means you're not achieving the honor you used to be (much like the position I'm in now). It's not a punishment, it's just a part of the system. At least it's easier to get them back.