Quick ribbon explanation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OwlCityBestCity

02-27-2013

Hi everyone, I'm Imogen

A player who is currently sitting on nearly 700 honor points. I'm plesently sitting with a yellow ribbon and inching closer towards my blue one. I've seen a bunch of threads asking about how ribbons work, so I decided to make this thread here to explain how the ribbons work from my experience.

This is to sum up basically what is asked in EVERY ribbon thread made.

I'LL BE WRITING DIFFERENT SECTIONS, NEXT UP IS KEEPING YOUR RIBBON! STAY TUNED!

Quick Note: H.O means Honorable Opponent

SECTION ONE: EARNING THE RIBBON

I'll start off with an example

Player A has 10 friendy, 2 helpful, 170 teamworks, and 110 Honorable Opponents. They have recieved the Red Ribbon because of their hhigh H.O honor count, but they note they have more teamworks than they do H.Os and they have not recieved the teamwork ribbon. They wonder why...

Player B has 50 frinedly, 10 helpful, 70 teamworks, and 40 Honorable Opponents and currently holds a teamwork ribbon. B is friends with A and Player A is concerned as to why Player B has a teamwork ribbon while Player A has less teamwork honor than him?

What is going on?!

WELL! The ONLY ribbon that is awarded based off of one type of honor is the Honorable Opponent ribbon. This is because it is the only honor type distributed by enemies. That is why this ribbon was so much more common than any other!

Now, you may be asking "What about the other honors? Doesn't helpful honor reward mentor, friendly leader, and teamwork the team mate ribbon?!"

Short anwser is, well, kind of.

ALL of the ribbons based upon teammates are all awarded based upon a COMBINED AMOUNT OF HONOR. This is because there are three different types of honor available from teammates. So, Player A doesn't have the teammate ribbon because even those they have an awesome amount of teamwork honor, they have small amounts of the other team-based honor types, therefore denying them that ribbon, for now.

Player B has a team-based honor ribbon because they managed to achieve a valuable amount of team-based honor (50 friendlies and 70 teamworks), and therefore recieved the ribbon.

I'LL EXPLAIN WHAT RIBBONS COME FROM WHAT HONOR HERE:

MENTOR--> HELPFUL/FRIENDLY
LEADER-->HELPFUL/TEAMWORK
TEAMMATE-->FRIENDLY/TEAMWORK

(We all understand helpful honor is rare, and THIS is why Leader and Mentor are so difficult to achieve or even see!)

TL;DR--> In order to achieve a team-based honor ribbon, you must have an combination of team-based honor valuable enough to be awarded a ribbon.

SECTION TWO: KEEPING YOUR RIBBON AND WHY IT MAY HAVE VANISHED:COMING SOON!!

Example Time!:

Player A has achieved the Red Ribbon after hitting a certain amount of H.O honor points. He has played about a hundred games and has not received any more H.O honor points from those games. He ques to play a game and notices that his ribbon has gone away, yet he still has all the same amounts of honor. What the....

Player B has played all one hundred of those games with Player A and received friendly and teamwork honor points in all of them. He still has his ribbon, and has more honor points now.

Player C also has a ribbon and played these one hundred games. He earned teamwork honor points in all games, but not any friendly honor points. After the hundred games, he loses his ribbon. Dafuq?

Hopefully you guys can see the pattern, YOU MUST CONTINUE TO EARN HONOR TO KEEP A RIBBON. Player A wasn't given any honor, therefore, his ribbon was taken. Player B was positive and received all of the honor types needed to keep his ribbon, therefore he got to keep the ribbon. Player C was also positive yet he only earned one of the types of honor needed to keep the ribbon and not enough of the other type of honor. His hone depreciated in value, and therefore, his ribbon was taken.

MORE TO COME

I hope this anwsers most questions, it's a relatively simple concept once you think about it.

IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS, POST HERE AND I'LL BE GLAD TO HELP! BE SURE TO KEEP THIS BUMPED TO HELP THOSE IN NEED.

Andes Krigares

02-27-2013

So i have come accrossed a variety of players with ribbons, several with honorable apponent, some with mentor, some with leadership, and some with friendly. Now from what i understand if you gain another ribbon if you already have one it changes the one you have.

I have the green friendly ribbon and thought of a brilliant idea. What if they had new ribbons as a combination. For instance if you have friendly and recieve honorable opponent, instead of losing your friendly ribbon you get an orange ribbon (or whatever color) for them combined. Or if you have mentor which is helpfull and friendly if you should gain the teamwork ribbon and the honorable opponent ribbon you recieve a gold ribbon for Prime Player, someone who meets the criteria for someone you would definitely want to play with. Like i said just an idea.

Instead of taking away a players award why not modify it if they excel in another criteria

Thanks guys let me know what you think

PS i apologize if there is any spelling or grammatical errors, im in class at the moment trying not to get caught XD

OwlCityBestCity

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andes Krigares View Post
So i have come accrossed a variety of players with ribbons, several with honorable apponent, some with mentor, some with leadership, and some with friendly. Now from what i understand if you gain another ribbon if you already have one it changes the one you have.

I have the green friendly ribbon and thought of a brilliant idea. What if they had new ribbons as a combination. For instance if you have friendly and recieve honorable opponent, instead of losing your friendly ribbon you get an orange ribbon (or whatever color) for them combined. Or if you have mentor which is helpfull and friendly if you should gain the teamwork ribbon and the honorable opponent ribbon you recieve a gold ribbon for Prime Player, someone who meets the criteria for someone you would definitely want to play with. Like i said just an idea.

Instead of taking away a players award why not modify it if they excel in another criteria

PS i apologize if there is any spelling or grammatical errors, im in class at the moment trying not to get caught XD
This is a good idea and something that would be pretty cool. I think something like this will happen eventually, but one after Riot more finely tunes the Honor Initiative.

Time will tell!

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

Please don't spam your thread with bumps.
If you really need to bump it, delete the previous bump, and then delete all the bumps after someone else replied to your thread. this keeps the thread clean.

As for your guide.... seems like a good start.

But if you want to make this thread into a high class guide, you will need to cover much more.

Some stuff missing: Quality of Honor, Ratio Honor/Number of games (AKA, "Me and my friend have exactly the same number of every honor and he has three ribbons I have none")

Honor resetting due punishment (AKA "I lost all my honor")

Your "how to keep your ribbons" have a few example cases, but you need put more effort explaining "Why my ribbons suddenly disappeared?" and how close someone is to getting a ribbon again if it disappears.

If you need help with those to add to your guide, feel free to add me in game and I can give you the infos.

Also, since it is a guide about honor, after your humble introduction, should be explaining what is the honor system, how it works and what it is meant for

And to finish, if you want your guide to be complete and have a nice aspect, make two separated sections, one for the guide itself (with the examples and explanations) and the other one a quick FAQ (Question >> Short answer)
Do not mix the Q>>A into the guide as it makes harder to find what you are looking for, having it separated is a great way to teach both, people who want to fully understand everything and people who just are looking for an answer.

After your guide is complete, if it is good enough, you could request a forum mod to stick it, so you won't have to bump anymore and could be linked to reference when people ask the same things in the future.

OwlCityBestCity

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
Please don't spam your thread with bumps.
If you really need to bump it, delete the previous bump, and then delete all the bumps after someone else replied to your thread. this keeps the thread clean.

As for your guide.... seems like a good start.

But if you want to make this thread into a high class guide, you will need to cover much more.

Some stuff missing: Quality of Honor, Ratio Honor/Number of games (AKA, "Me and my friend have exactly the same number of every honor and he has three ribbons I have none")

Honor resetting due punishment (AKA "I lost all my honor")

Your "how to keep your ribbons" have a few example cases, but you need put more effort explaining "Why my ribbons suddenly disappeared?" and how close someone is to getting a ribbon again if it disappears.

If you need help with those to add to your guide, feel free to add me in game and I can give you the infos.

Also, since it is a guide about honor, after your humble introduction, should be explaining what is the honor system, how it works and what it is meant for

And to finish, if you want your guide to be complete and have a nice aspect, make two separated sections, one for the guide itself (with the examples and explanations) and the other one a quick FAQ (Question >> Short answer)
Do not mix the Q>>A into the guide as it makes harder to find what you are looking for, having it separated is a great way to teach both, people who want to fully understand everything and people who just are looking for an answer.

After your guide is complete, if it is good enough, you could request a forum mod to stick it, so you won't have to bump anymore and could be linked to reference when people ask the same things in the future.

Yeah, I stated before that it needs to be worked on and I have no shame bumping it on my own. It supplies some basic knowledge into the more frequently asked question about honor and ribbons.

I'll be adding more later but I've been busy with school. Plenty of threads start of a works in progress, mine is no different.

I've got a really decent understanding of this stuff, so don't worry, it'll all get there. I appreciate your concern but I can tell that you want me to respect your knowledge as well. Give it time. Maybe later.

ClockworkBling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andes Krigares View Post

Or just let us wear more than one ribbon at a time. There are 4 corners to the portrait. :-)

OwlCityBestCity

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockworkBling View Post
Or just let us wear more than one ribbon at a time. There are 4 corners to the portrait. :-)

That's too true, man. It would be awesome to do this, but Riot doesn't want to get the loading screens "TOO" messy.

That's why I like the idea of a combination ribbon containing all of the colors of the ribbons you have earned/currently hold on to.

2 Anivias 1 egg

03-01-2013

Thanks for the explanations. I'm at 200 teamwork and still no ribbon, yet im at like 120 honorable and I got a red ribbon. Now I'll ask for friendly or helpful

OwlCityBestCity

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZzZDiabloZzZ View Post
Thanks for the explanations. I'm at 200 teamwork and still no ribbon, yet im at like 120 honorable and I got a red ribbon. Now I'll ask for friendly or helpful
No worries in regards to the help.

Also, to your "asking" comment, (:P), I hope you mean after the other players have already told you they're going to be giving you honor. heh.

Andes Krigares

03-06-2013

Most players wont give it to you if you ask for it. If you join a lobby where you have great teammates, just say this "honor all around" more often than not the rest of your team will honor. Most players forget to honor even if you do deserve it. I recieved a great teamwork ribbon, which is ironic considering i used to be a huge trash talker. Like it was said earlier, it isnt the amount of honor you get its the worth of the honor point. like currency, the american dollar is worth quite a bit, where the Indian Rupee is worth very little. Think of it like this. The player that doesnt vote honor that often will have a greater value, like the American Dollar where as a player that just gives everyone honor all the time is like the rupee almost worthless. Hope this helps