My point of View if LoL is to survive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etyn

10-30-2010

Cost = Skill level required to play.

Ashe = 450 --- she is ******ED SMASH FACE ON KEYBOARD EASY

Twtich = 6300 --- You need a firm understanding of multiple game mechanics to use.

If nothing else this keeps new players away from frustrations by giving them access to only the easiest to use champions first. By the time you earn 6300 ip and can buy twitch you should have at least a basic understanding of the game.

Free Game --- They always end up getting more trolls on the forums. Welcome 2 the internet. It is because the game is free and people can just make new accounts. In HoN or other games getting banned means spending another $30 so people are just a little more civil.

Global chat - Yes there is.... There are chat channels available in pvp.net.

Creep Denying is stupid. There I said it. Removing it makes the games pace faster because everyone is constantly leveling up. (Also: GANG PLANK)

Your entire thread makes me feel like you are just Pro HON and scared to come out and say it. Grow a pair and make a proper "Pro HON" game thread.

Ozy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2010

Sadly you're going to get downvoted to oblivion.

LoL will never be "competitive" as long as Riot and their designers cater to the most unintelligent of their player base. Really guys? Blood Seeker's Rupture is a "difficult mechanic to grasp"?

That's why they recycle hero archetypes. Riot seems almost scared to introduce new mechanics into the game because they feel their customers are idiots. You can only go so far without some sort of innovation. They release heroes for the sake of making new heroes, not because the game needs an exciting addition.

Warscythes

10-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugssssssssssss View Post
This is hilarious, none of you have read anything I have said

I stated that I love league of legends and that I hope that it will survive because I play it and enjoy it.

Celestya: Troll.
Warscythes: Their business model will not keep alive when DoTA 2 is released for $30. The biggest moba ever's big brother? Get real...
madstermind: Please, God forbid you to even touch DoTA 2 even once.

LoL fanboys will be LoL fanboys. Keep on hating haters
Pfft, why do you think maplestory is still successful after all these years despite fierce competitions.

Their bloody business model. Despite the horrible gameplay and customer service, the business model is what have kept them afloat in the west. The same will happen with LoL. Riot can do whatever they want and the game will survive because of the business model. Is just human nature.

NlCE CREAM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabnitron View Post
I stopped reading there. There's only 3 mobas, and all of them are globally known. What, do you think there's like fifty games in the genre spanning across a variety of platforms? Good grief.
DoTA, HoN, LoL, ToB, ScreeN, Demigod

Yes, LoL is globally known as well, but HoN's rating is far superior to LoL. The only sole reason why LoL has any ratings at all is because they give 'free' things for 'voting' that HoN has already implemented into their game.

Lyov

10-30-2010

Quote:

I stated that I love league of legends and that I hope that it will survive because I play it and enjoy it.

Warscythes: Their business model will not keep alive when DoTA 2 is released for $30. The biggest moba ever's big brother? Get real...

dota2 is going to be less than that.

Variax

10-30-2010

Yeah, I read the whole thing. Who cares about your opinion? Not me, anyways. If you don't like LoL then why play it? Problem solved. In the meantime. DEMONCIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA out...

Sabnitron

10-30-2010

Quote:

People disagreeing with your idiotic points does not mean no one read what you wrote. Shut the hell up and get out.

Ramoth

10-30-2010

As to the hero thing..

me and 3 friends have recently started playing LoL in the last couple of weeks.

1. We have never played any comparable games to LoL, whatever.

2. We like the purchasing of champs, it gives your game time some meaning. same thing to runes
3. Rotations are good. lets you practice a bit with some new characters. This gives added meaning to champs you buy. No chars you want to try on rotation this week? Cool. play the one you BOUGHT and no one else except those who buy it can play it.

4. It's a free game. wth buy heroes for cash unless you REALLY want a specific one? seriously. very few people are gonna buy every single champ. just play around. Spend money on other things, like skins and stuff.

5. Sales are good. Lets you buy things without feeling ripped off.. but what does a skin actually do anyways? Besides, it gets people to buy it. yay business.

6. People who rage about stuff in forums are funny. 'nuff said. Don't take 'em seriously.

Handbananna

10-30-2010

I have to give the op praise for trolling all you noobs hardcore with his "DOTA 2" lulz post.

On a more serious note, unless dota 2 does stick to it's original design schema guns and not try to veer off and fill a different type of gameplay niche like LoL did I don't forsee much for its future other then fail with it taking so long to hit the shelves and letting its former fanbase trickle off into other similar games.

warmonkey

10-30-2010

OP is an idiot and nowhere in his discoherent rambling diatribe did he come close to making a single actual argument for or against anything; the entire post is just stream-of-consciousness diarrhea