My point of View if LoL is to survive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NlCE CREAM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2010

inb4lolisbestgtfo

incwalloftext

Just let me say this first, I love LoL and I wish to see it successful in the future.

One of the biggest criticizes among League of Legends is that they require you to purchase Heroes. As seen in the most prevailing and popular mobas, they do not require you to do this. However, the skin aspect of LoL is definitely praiseworthy. The fact that you have to spend on both heroes and runes is questionable.

Yes, this is a free game - but LoL is targeting new 'customers' who are not familiar to mobas. Giving them a weekly choice of a few heroes out of 62 (now this is laughable) is definitely again, questionable. Heroes should not be given a different price range if they are to be purchased. Skill is all that matters and putting a hero at 450 whilst another hero at 6300 is absurd. Now you might say "But everyone can just unlock most of the heroes for just $40!"

Are you serious!? $40!? HoN is globally known to be one of the best mobas at the moment and it costs $30 for all the heroes. Not to mention, you are allowed to install 3rd party programs in order to change your interface and your skins and your commands. (I've actually spent over $40 on LoL so don't call me a freeloader )

And now Riot Games is actually living up to their "anti-fun" mechanisms and altering most of their gameplay around it. The fact that creep denying has been taken out puts this game at a whole new competitive level. The competitive level for children. No matter how hard you pressure, any other hero can gain the same experience you are gaining whilst standing far away. Sure, you might not get the gold, but you are definitely on par with leveling.

The forums here are filled with trolls that give worthless information to any new starters. They complain about any aspect of the game that they find faulty. (Note: This only occurs when they have been badly beaten and got made fun of). Riot Games, I hope you do realize that you are basing most of your changes around 14 year olds.

There are no clan options and there are no global chat channels. The matchmaking is horrifically broken. Most runes are expensive. And this brings to another point. Why are some runes more expensive than others? I can understand Quints being the most expensive, but having some cost 410 whilst other costing 820 is laughable. They are used for different purposes. You cannot simply say that one rune does a better job than another rune because they have their own purposes for different heroes.

I fail to see how LoL will survive when DoTA 2 comes out. You guys at Riot Games just scramble to get heroes made within 2 weeks instead of having the hero designing team help out in other departments such as the client designing team (if there even is one). I hope you did not hire them only for one purpose - to view the forums looking for different ideas and putting them altogether to create 'unique' heroes. Most of the time when you release a female heroes, you will have crazy 14 year old hormone-filled boys yelling "BIGGER BREASTS ZOMG HER BREASTS ARE SO SMALL WHAT ARE YOU THINKING RIOT!?". In the end, you concede to their 14 year old minds and re-design the look of the champion to appeal more to these 14 year old first-time *****lings.

I like the fact that you guys at Riot will occasionally post useful information on the forums. I like how the support team is always there to help you. I like the fact that skins are available - but I dislike the fact that skins are allowed to go on sale. I dislike the fact that you will indeed die when DoTA 2 is released LoL fanboys will be LoL fanboys. I know that most of you can relate to what I have stated, but I doubt most of you would have read the whole thing.

Celestya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2010

All I read out of this is hypocrisy and idiocy. You contradict yourself with everything you say good sir.

Warscythes

10-30-2010

I got one reason why LoL will survive.

Their business model.

madstermind

10-30-2010

Oh no!! Dota 2!! All their new heros will stomp what we have no...

Owait

Sabnitron

10-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugssssssssssss View Post
HoN is globally known to be one of the best mobas
I stopped reading there. There's only 3 mobas, and all of them are globally known. What, do you think there's like fifty games in the genre spanning across a variety of platforms? Good grief.

Whowhatwhere

10-30-2010

Basically, what I read was that internet communities are 14 year olds, LoL is too easy, and you got suckered into paying money for champions.

NlCE CREAM

10-30-2010

This is hilarious, none of you have read anything I have said

I stated that I love league of legends and that I hope that it will survive because I play it and enjoy it.

Celestya: Troll.
Warscythes: Their business model will not keep alive when DoTA 2 is released for $30. The biggest moba ever's big brother? Get real...
madstermind: Please, God forbid you to even touch DoTA 2 even once.

LoL fanboys will be LoL fanboys. Keep on hating haters

???

10-30-2010

I agree, and you can't call me a freeloader/HoN fanboy, I started playing LoL, I've spent more money on this game than I probably should of, but Riot is definitely killing off there game/fun factor, the competitive sad is almost not there, there making changes around the QQ'rs in the forums instead of looking at the game themselves and making decisions based on what they see, what they've done, and how people react to what is happening, obviously, when someone gets rolfostomped by some champ that they didn't think was OP in the beginning, will all of a sudden be OP. Im currently in RQ.Gaming, and our now competitive players will go into a game, and the second they start getting Crit by a Critplank or get 3-hit by a veigar, they call "OMFG OP POS" and we always have to explain why they aren't op.

tl;dr: Get it together Riot, make your game competitive and keep it balanced and you can't do that by nerfing everybody because "X made Y post about Z champ"

durpado

10-30-2010

why would people that don't currently enjoy dota go play dota 2?

The play styles are very different. The only way dota 2 will hurt Riot is if they make the game super user friendly like LoL is. Dota was so hard to get into it was ridiculous. If they just port dota and add special graphics and more features it will do little to LoL. Also you can't play both dota2 and LoL?

Euant

10-30-2010

Stopped reading at "inb4lolisbestgtfo". Like seriously. Saying it in the first post at the end is one thing (that is really annoying) but putting it as your very first statement? Go back to your bridge fail troll.