Triple IE GP vs. Olaf = Profit?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Predinchuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2010

So I just got out of an hour long 3v3 match that I jumped into with my all-time favourite solo-queue champ; Olaf (whom I love because he and I are both viking as all hell).

The game started with me being first blood, falling victim to a random 186 damage GP Parrrley crit AND an ez mystic shot followed by an auto-attack crit (all this happened in less than a second and took off around 450 hp). The laning phase was simply the same story, second verse, with GP dropping 200-400 damage Parrrleys at every opportunity, effectively reducing my last hits to almost none. Before I knew it, I was 2/4 and my team (Galio and Anivia) were no better. On top of that, most of these kills were successfully fed to either GP or Ezreal.

I did my best to jungle the best I could, but GP had already gotten his Infinity Edge and all I had was a Youmuu's ghostblade. They were quickly knocking on our inhibitor turrets and easily defeating us in teamfights within the 25:00 mark. It looked like it was game over...until they let us farm....

They made the mistake of not ending the game early enough against the wrong Olaf. Through careful warding and (suprisingly) very coordinated teamplay, I was able to completely dominate the jungle and farmed up my youmuu's, Merc Treads, and frozen mallet (along with elixirs of fortitude and agility) and ended up going from 4/8 to 17/9 by endgame.

The moment at which we realized we were going to win was when we saw that Gangplank had purchased two infinity edges and was going for this third (this was about 30 minutes in).

Being able to crush a Gangplank in two hits despite him spanking you during the laning phase is the most rewarding thing a LoL playing can participate in It's games like these when your team comes together to win an epic match that really make me regain confidence in the player base. I mean, this Galio on my team was using the champ for the first time, yet he knew to take flash so he could hold down Ez and GP for me because I asked him to.

So clutch.

TL;DR = Don't let Olaf farm up if you're a noobie Gangplank who thinks that paying three times for IE's passive is a good idea.]

Here's a screenshot of the post-game lobby

http://api.photoshop.com/v1.0/accoun...=1288473408000

BlackDestruction

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2010

survivability? what's that?

Rogmarz

Master Recruiter

10-30-2010

Unique Passives, how do they work?

JonnyThinkChamp

10-30-2010

You won because you bought some armor. Not because he has epic deeps.

Chobimo

10-30-2010

This required two threads?

Brees

10-30-2010

there's not a more fitting response...

cool story bro.

Radagash

10-30-2010

Shamelessly reposting a thread instead of bumping it?

Phoebe Cates

10-30-2010

Why'd you make another thread?

Nagus

10-30-2010

Warmongs...ON MY TT?

IronMongrel

10-30-2010

I was not expecting someone this excited over winning once to have more than like 20 games.