Smart cast, how do you use it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mamox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2010

What exactly is smart cast? I have fooled around with the feature and not notice it changing anything. I main Ezreal and I do really well with him pressing Q-->click to shoot just fine but I kind of want to explore what this smart cast is...figure I should if I main the most skill-shot intensive champion in the game

I also heard there is an option to just press Q and it will automatically fire, I don't know if it is separate from smart cast or if that IS smart cast but I don't see any other options and like I said, i have not seen smart cast changing anything...what does it do and how do I use it?

Irmo

10-30-2010

smart cast is where you can cast your skill shot spell faster its also a way to cast target champion spell on you faster e.t.c

A normal skill shot with a normal player follow this pattern
Example ezreal: Press Q on keyboard follow by left clicking on where you are pointing to fire
where as smart cast
you either hold down shift or alt i totally forgot then just press Q and it will fire at your mouse indicator location

I think shift is for smart cast and alt is for self cast and ctrl is for leveling abilities

Its very good if you play any champion with skill shot abilities because you definitely will get your hit out faster then a normal process
Also if you do self cast
Example morgana black shield you generally cast black shield then click on yourself or another allied, where as you hold down Alt and press black shield and it cast on you without wasting time trying to click on yourself

Learn it and master it, it may not seem like not much of a difference but when you compare a good to a great player it's those half a second thing that count when casting

Dracozero

10-30-2010

****in' smart casts, how do they work?

Pufri

10-30-2010

actually, skill shots like ezreal's q are normally better utilized when you dont smart cast. Allows you to make slight adjustments before you fire if you need to. Some people will have different opinions though. If you've been doing it without smart casting for a long time, you will find it extremely difficult to make a forced transition

I think the default key is shift now, but i moved mine back to alt. Just hold down the key and hit the skill button and you shoot where you mouse is

Swiftycents

10-30-2010

Normaly, you have to press the key corresponding to an ability and click to cast it but with Smartcast™ you only have to press the key for the ability and it will be cast @ where your mouse cursor is.
You can change the default behaviour by remapping your keyboard keys in the game menu.

Mamox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2010

Kind of sounds useless tbh...I can Q+Click instantly I aim....qclick in fast succession their is almost no delay, it would be harder to press Shift then Q to be honest I don't understand why people like this function? The self cast though sounds useful for healers.

Dexamethasone

10-30-2010

You also can configure it to be Q key....so you dont need to press Shift...and with most of the chamos it works good, but sometimes you actually need the normal Arrow to aim it correctly.

Mamox

10-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexamethasone View Post
You also can configure it to be Q key....so you dont need to press Shift...and with most of the chamos it works good, but sometimes you actually need the normal Arrow to aim it correctly.

So i can set it to Q so pressing q will automatically fire it without any other key? That might be pretty good, althogh I like seeig my range for the laning phase or tower stand offs, its easy to hide and just snipe people when they come into their range.

I also don't use the arrow, I still use the old circles I like them MUCH better honestly.