Have 6.3k ip, looking for top lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GusterMcGusgus

02-27-2013

You'd love Diana or Shen.

SoPho

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawrdone View Post
Akali has a high skill cap. But her skill is more positioning then anything.
I'm accually looking to get Evelynn... She looks like fun and she stops a few top laners ^^ Can't beat the roam potential on her either.

Jayce isn't really a skill cap character, just memorizing the (while in hammer form) w->q->e->r->e->q->w combo. Although he is hard to gank, which is good. The only skill involved with jayce is picking your items to buy based on how the game is going. (All chars require this, but I feel jayce is a bit more sensitive to it). Although, if you see flash as an offensive asset... You can pull some crazy ****.

Jax, from what I hear, is the most skill bound character in league. And you already own him. The saying goes that a well played jax can beat any counter. His only weakness is a duo lane consisting of Battle bunny riven... And Nurse akali. He is, after all, still a man.

I just watched dyrus play a swain top vs. Singed. Was kinda awesome. Alot of prediction required with your snare, along with timed ult spazms. I have to say, it accually looked pretty skillful.

Tryndamere is... Jk.

Lastly though, you might try kennen. Zhonya's ring kennen was king back in season 1, alas zhonya's ring doesn't exist anymore... Still, he is a fun character to play. His lightning rush makes him hard to gank, as well as an AoE Stun if you STILL can't get away. And he is ranged, so you can poke 4 dayz. I would get him if I had an AP rune page... But suddenly his price goes from 4800 IP to about 12k. i.i

Good luck dood! Since you're a fellow top laner, you might enjoy this thread. I learned a bit from it, and it could potentially help you more then a new character ;D Although youre gold 5, so I doubt it.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post35090602

oh, and sorry i talk alot
Read 10 out of 30 pages! I am learning a lot! Page 29 was helpful too! One question though, what did you mean by "you doubt it?"

TheMajestics

02-27-2013

Jax: awesome duelist, can take a tower in a sec, and can escape ganks with his jump and his stun.
Xin: same as jax, u can escape from ganks with your "R"
Trynadamere: AP tryndamere has an insane sustain, and your "e" can both harass and escape like a flash with 5 secs cd. And your with your ult they cant kill u

I also recommend u to star playing jungle. Play it in Coop against bots. That way u can learn a little more about jungle, how to gank and how to move in it so u can learn how to counter it.

And get some wards.

I used to be a top laner (Garen is my main) but i started to play jungle and it change my perspective. Now i play both.

I hope i helped u
Excelsior XD

bwt1234

02-28-2013

I'm a big fan of kennen top.

He can outrange basically all the ad bruisers, poke them and then easily move in to burst them down for a quick kill. He has a stun that makes ganks considerably more effective and has a great escape in his e for when the enemy jungler comes. And to top it all of he is a great, safe farmer.

Only thing to watch out for is a champ with a gap closer and burst, such as Wukong. Even then you just have to play passive, farm, wait for a gank and suddenly you are way up on him.

Atzigan

02-28-2013

Rumble....Rumble is a terror...I haven't played him yet but he's really annoying and really good in teamfights...that's the top laner I want to learn soon, you should too! He's really good and counters a lot of top laners

Pawrdone

02-28-2013

I'm sorry SoPho,
it wasn't ment as an insult. I was simply implying that you are already very knowledgeable, and probably don't have a lot to learn. I'm glad that forum is helping you though ^^

SoPho

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2013

Yeah, thank you so much! I read all 30 pages, plus I posted a question of my own. I also bought Jayce just because BillyBoss said so. Haha, I am such a sheep.

The Fatherland

02-28-2013

Renekton is an awesome top laner, takes a little practice but has goods escape with slice and dice as well as no mana so you can stay in lane as long as you have health.

PantheraLe0

Recruiter

02-28-2013

I agree, I don't have that much experience, but Renekton is awesome, especially once you get the dashing through walls thing down! ;D

SSJXVIThead

03-01-2013

Cho gath.