Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Have 6.3k ip, looking for top lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hue the hippo

02-27-2013

Nid, Rumble or Zed

PrincePapa

02-27-2013

Like some said before, Vlad is a pretty strong top pick. His early game is a bit rough, but once you get rolling nobody can stop you. He's also one of the hardest characters to gank : << Oh I'm getting ganked ? Let's just use my pool to safely get back to my turret >>

He's also a late-game mage like Ryze (not as much burst, but pretty much unkillable), and he really shines teamfights.

TSM Lambent

02-27-2013

Quote:
Ferdenand:
Me and my friend play Malphite and Diana top and we do really well...If you want to look up a guide for Diana top lane.

Yes Diana is amazing at top lane, my friend (mains malphite), played darius with me duo top. We won 6 games in a row with just me and him carrying the team basically.

I had to buy a skin for her after that...and I still play her a lot and do well

Mich567

02-27-2013

Make sure you ward and get pots... it's well worth it. You don't need boots too much anymore, so just stay map aware and ward.
As for champs, Jayce seems decent for you.

federaly

02-27-2013

Buy Poppy for 450 IP

SoPho

02-27-2013

So yes, as you have noticed, I am at G5, so I have the sensibility to ward and such. However, I am generally greedy, staying in lane excessively. So, the champion should have very capable escapes and/or have good sustain. I am thinking of Jayce at the moment; can anybody comment on him? In gold tier, he has a less than 50% win rate, a daunting number for one who plays ranked often. On the other hand, Rumble has a great win rate, so essentially it boils down to which is better. Any suggestions?
Thanks for all the replies!

Nuff Monkey Biz

02-27-2013

Wukong is great at juking and getting out of ganks

xXOphidionXx

02-27-2013

Riven is always a good choice.

She can get away from ganks without Ghost, Flash, or even Boots at early level due to her high mobility from her abilities. You can usually escape ganks at level one provided your Q is taken first.

If you start W, you still have some ability to escape relatively unscathed do to the AoE stun range. This allows for Champs who have to catch up using speed (Rammus, Hec) to be stopped in their tracks long enough to either flash, or ghost away. This is also useful against junglers who are balsy enough to dive you as stunning them under your turret can do a great deal of damage.

Riven's timed use of, Q, E can create long distance between you and the jungler/enemy. Utilizing W to minimize damage, and stopping enemies in their tracks can increase your ability to escape even further without boots. To further your distance even MORE, a good combo is using 2 Qs to escape, and when they get close, hitting them with your third Q for the knockback, creating more distance. After that, follow up with a W if they're in range to stop them from coming closer for a little bit. And then finish off with E to make your final escape. Alternatively, you can start with E for absorbing any form of harass while you make your getaway.

Riven is also a manaless champ, so if you escape a gank with little or no damage taken, you can jump right back into laning with little repercussions. I don't recommend farming early game with abilities, unless you're under your turret. If you are caught without your abilities up, you're a sitting duck.

SoPho

02-27-2013

I played Riven before and she did not seem very fun. Am I missing something? I also have not tried Jayce and Rumble. Can someone enlighten me on these three?

Pawrdone

02-27-2013

Akali has a high skill cap. But her skill is more positioning then anything.
I'm accually looking to get Evelynn... She looks like fun and she stops a few top laners ^^ Can't beat the roam potential on her either.

Jayce isn't really a skill cap character, just memorizing the (while in hammer form) w->q->e->r->e->q->w combo. Although he is hard to gank, which is good. The only skill involved with jayce is picking your items to buy based on how the game is going. (All chars require this, but I feel jayce is a bit more sensitive to it). Although, if you see flash as an offensive asset... You can pull some crazy ****.

Jax, from what I hear, is the most skill bound character in league. And you already own him. The saying goes that a well played jax can beat any counter. His only weakness is a duo lane consisting of Battle bunny riven... And Nurse akali. He is, after all, still a man.

I just watched dyrus play a swain top vs. Singed. Was kinda awesome. Alot of prediction required with your snare, along with timed ult spazms. I have to say, it accually looked pretty skillful.

Tryndamere is... Jk.

Lastly though, you might try kennen. Zhonya's ring kennen was king back in season 1, alas zhonya's ring doesn't exist anymore... Still, he is a fun character to play. His lightning rush makes him hard to gank, as well as an AoE Stun if you STILL can't get away. And he is ranged, so you can poke 4 dayz. I would get him if I had an AP rune page... But suddenly his price goes from 4800 IP to about 12k. i.i

Good luck dood! Since you're a fellow top laner, you might enjoy this thread. I learned a bit from it, and it could potentially help you more then a new character ;D Although youre gold 5, so I doubt it.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=35090602&posted=1#post35090602

oh, and sorry i talk alot