Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Please fix matchmaking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yenn

10-30-2010

Or make it so I don't have to play with people I know are bad. While you're at it, make it stop putting people over 100 rating below me in my games.

I'm seriously ****ing tired of it. 70% of my losses are because there's someone on my team who is completely terrible (like 0-10-0 terrible), only 30% of games are actually good and not decided by a feeder. There's no excuse for how bad this system is. This SHOULD NOT be happening in 1500-1600 games.

I just had a game where our Warwick went 0-11-0. I don't even know how this is possible. Why am I seeing people like this in games, when I'm 1500+?

In another game, I had a Twitch who demanded solo mid or he'd AFK, then fed the enemy Morgana four consecutive kills. Two were before level 6. He refused to let anyone take the lane for him. He kept pushing, making ganks impossible. Morgana killed him alone; he wasn't ganked. I don't know how anyone can die to Morgana alone like this.

In another game, everyone on my team REPEATEDLY ran into the whole enemy team one by one. This is inexcusable. Why am I seeing **** like this in 1500+ games? Seriously. Their jungle ganked our (overextending) bottom lane. One died, the other backed to our tower. Our jungle ran directly into the three champions at bot and died. As Warwick dies, the champion at the tower runs into them and dies. As that champion dies, our mid reaches bottom and runs into them. She dies.
I tell them to stop walking in one at a time.
They die the EXACT same way four minutes later. It was like deja vu.

And finally, there are the people who have last pick and say 'i call corki solo mid' in the lobby. You know these people are absolute **** at the game the instant you see them say this, yet you have no choice but to play with them, and you have no way to stop yourself from getting them in your game in the future.

And yes, I'm angry. I just dropped 1550 -> 1500 in four consecutive losses solely due to horrible players 100-150 rating lower than me. Alternatively, one team's next highest player was 80 rating below me. In two of the games, I'd played with some people on my team before and knew they were horrible, but had no choice not to play with them.

tl;dr there is ABSOLUTELY no excuse for how bad the matchmaking system is, or how these horrible players get into 1500+ games. Why can't we report these people who obviously don't belong at their rating? They ruin games.

Bring on the ******s who aren't good at this game and haven't touched ranked play mass downvoting and giving their expert opinions.

Sabnitron

Recruiter

10-30-2010

Madness is defined as repeating the same action and expecting a different result. Almost every day I see at least one thread by you complaining about your same bad games. Either you are mentally unstable, or you are an idiot. Which is it?

Yenn

10-30-2010

Maybe if you complain enough, Riot will do something about how completely terrible the system is.

They evidently aren't going to fix it if nobody is complaining.

Sabnitron

Recruiter

10-30-2010

Quote:
Yenn:
Maybe if you complain enough, Riot will do something about how completely terrible the system is.

They evidently aren't going to fix it if nobody is complaining.

Clearly you're either completely ignorant about the topic you're posting about, or you are both of the things I've suggested.

Yenn

10-30-2010

Quote:
Sabnitron:
Clearly you're either completely ignorant about the topic you're posting about, or you are both of the things I've suggested.

Clearly you haven't looked 'madness' up in a dictionary.

Get to level 30 and you'll be allowed to give an opinion on the issue, until then, go sit in the corner. You have absolutely no idea how horrible matchmaking for ranked games is.
'Clearly' a **** player like you who isn't even level 30 is in a position to tell me I'm 'ignorant' about the topic of matchmaking in ranked games, even though you haven't experienced it and know absolutely nothing about it. Good job.

SprinklyGumdrop

10-30-2010

Its that "carry effect" bull**** they use. If u go on a win streak or have some great games and raise your elo by quite a bit it starts putting u with much inferior teammates then the other team.

You then are supposed to carry your feeding teamates to victory. You cannot do this so it balances out your win/loss because thats how the system tries to get everyone at a 50/50 win/loss.

I would love every game to be those few and far between evenly matched slobber-knockers when it is fairly even skill on each side. Piss poor system they have and when a red posts on these threads to defend it they sound pretty ignorant.

Rehno

10-30-2010

Quote:
Sabnitron:

Or you can shut up and realize most of what he is saying is true, instead of trying to be a ****.

Sabnitron

Recruiter

10-30-2010

Quote:
Yenn:
Clearly you haven't looked 'madness' up in a dictionary.

Get to level 30 and you'll be allowed to give an opinion on the issue, until then, go sit in the corner. You have absolutely no idea how horrible matchmaking for ranked games is.
'Clearly' a **** player like you who isn't even level 30 is in a position to tell me I'm 'ignorant' about the topic of matchmaking in ranked games, even though you haven't experienced it and know absolutely nothing about it. Good job.

Clearly you've never heard cliche Albert Einstein quotes. Yes, I am in a position to call you ignorant, because the things that you say are ignorant.

Also, congratulations. You looked up this account, and now you're insulting me based on the erroneous conclusions you've leaped to. You don't now, nor have you ever had a leg to stand on. Good job right back at you, chief.

Leib Olmai

10-30-2010

MM is fine.
Except duo-queue shouldn't have first pick / ban.

Yenn

10-30-2010

Quote:
LeCalinours:
MM is fine.
Except duo-queue shouldn't have first pick / ban.

Duo queue should be removed all together. I've had people over 200 rating lower than me because of duo queues, and more often than not, both people are bad.

And no, matchmaking is evidently not fine if I'm getting stuck with solo queued 1380 players against full 1500-1550 teams.