Wards: Why allow unlimited amounts?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Truckasaurus

10-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteFluffyBunny View Post
Why would you try to kill the tank in a team fight?
Because it's Garen. Everyone wants to kill him.

MathMage

10-30-2010

I don't see the problem that requires a fix. If your team buys 7-8 wards, whoops, that's a dragon's gold right there. If teams are buying 10+ wards and seeding the whole map often enough that the counter fix would have an effect, they're out at least 3000 gold. At higher Elo, which is where wards become heavily played anyway, that kind of difference matters. The team with intelligent ward placement probably got 90% of the gank prevention for 30% of the price--so maybe the other team got a thousand gold back and some experience for their trouble, but it won't win them the game. Factor in the whole 'Oracles = free gold' thing and you've got no reason to suppose that wards are unbalanced in large quantities.

Laue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2010

You spent that much gold for wards, their carry got actual damage items. Guess who will win teamfights?

I'm not saying that you should not buy wards, quite the contrary, but there are some extremes you should not go for even with wards.

Kodoku

10-30-2010

Come on... really?

No.. I mean... really?

iLikeToSummon

10-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen View Post
That would be true, if wards didn't cost 90 gold.

I routinely go back to base for the first time on a support champ and buy 10-15 wards, depending on how well I've been doing. Some might think that's excessive, but the people who's lives you save because they don't get ganked is well worth the meager cost of wards.

It's almost worth far too much for how little wards cost.
No offense, but that's STUPID. First of all it takes a whole 2 minutes to walk around the whole map. Second, you will probably find the enemy jungler and die to him. Third, you just wasted 900 - 1350 gold that could be well spent on a giants belt for making a Rylai.