Carrying in Silver V

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

할배님

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

well dont compare yourself to people 2+ tiers above you. what they would do in silver is rape lane 5/0 and go carry the team. they seize opportunities you wouldnt be able see. they will punish mistakes you didnt even know were mistakes.

Gl1tch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

As someone who has climbed out of silver V 3 times now (only to fall back down), the winning team in a ranked game down here can be easily determined in 3 ways:

1) Did the jungler die in his first post-clear gank? If yes, GG. That lane advantage and jungle disadvantage will be enough to crush the enemy team, or at least their morals. The jungler will blame the lane, and vise versa. Either way, if you jungle, remember it is more important to not die than it is to get a kill in a gank. Making your presence known can sometimes be enough.

2) Did the snowbally assassin get fed? If yes, GG. People down here are frustratingly one minded. The bruisers will get "AD carry" in their head and attempt nothing else. The AD carry will get "escape their assassin" in his/her head and attempt nothing else. No one will peel. No one will focus. It's all over.

3) The number one most deciding factors in ranked games are: ****ty engages!
You will never, ever, ever, convince your team to right click on top of you. Ever. I have begged, bribed, bemoaned, belittled, and in one particularly rage inducing game, betrayed my teammates, all in hopes of getting them to not go where they wanted to go, and instead all go to the same place. It won't happen! That amumu who got two perfect engages in a row? Will get caught at wraiths over and over and blow his ult to try and escape. Your legendary AD carry? Will die pushing bottom.

It sucks. You'll lose. Sorry.

Zahken

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ??? View Post
well dont compare yourself to people 2+ tiers above you. what they would do in silver is rape lane 5/0 and go carry the team. they seize opportunities you wouldnt be able see. they will punish mistakes you didnt even know were mistakes.

Then my point would be:
What are those things.. where can I learn?
How can I improve in that aspect.

Zahken

02-26-2013

bump please...

Zahken

02-26-2013

bumpo

Erukyun

02-26-2013

you have to play aggressive and capitalize on the mistakes of your opponent. its also knowing just how much you can do, as well as your opponent

Belay My Last

02-26-2013

Nothing els can be said OP. posts have already been made telling you why. Decision making, game knowledge, mechanical skills, map awareness, and reaction speed.

Those are what seperates diamond+players apart from us lower division players. You won't notice it, but if you had a pro sitting by you watching they could most likely point out dozens of game changing mistakes made by any of us. Wether you admit it or not, we are not amazing players here in silver, we are mediocre at best.

ChaoticLemon

02-26-2013

Find some friend in gold v or higher. Let him spectate your matches and make comments.

Atreiyu

02-26-2013

snowball really hard. outplay their lane+jungler = double kill. If you belong in gold/plat/diamond outplaying them mechanically should be cake

DEMONTOMATO

02-26-2013

I'm stuck too D: i do pretty well in lane. more than often getting 3 kills which is a major lead, but i feel like my team is dragging me down, refusing to think that because I'm certain they're trying their hardest still. How can I properly carry? I know the importance of positioning and of each role, I just need some help... not sure how to help