Carrying in Silver V

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bungboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

Luck is a factor in solo queue. If you already do all of what you listed and actually do them well enough, then it's always possible you're just getting unlucky. You can't carry every game and sometimes the odds are just against you with the teams you get matched with. I lost like 11 out of 12 games in a couple days, but now I'm on a 7 win streak. Solo queue just sucks sometimes.

EpixAura

02-26-2013

Of course there's mechanical skill (last hitting and such) but the big thing is decision making. As long as you make the right calls, you'll be set.
Of course, that's much easier said than done.

RavenSword8

02-26-2013

They win their lane harder than you from the sounds of it.

Whenever I watch Hotshot play Nidalee, he just dominates. Say what you want about Hotshot and how bad he is, but he understands that champion inside and out. He knows her matchups, items to build, basically everything about her.

Win lane harder is all I can say if what you said above is true.

Zahken

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballz McLongdong View Post
How often to you help other lanes? Do you stay in your lane mostly, or do you gank? If you have a huge advantage, you should help other lanes too.

Just said I do.. I mean, i try to win my lane first.

Ikkan

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahken View Post
How so?
They react better than you, they kite better than you, they click their targets more accurately than you, they farm better than you, they use their skills at the right fraction of second, they know MUCH better what they're doing in a teamfight, where it's a pixel mess and most players lose themselves in there.

It's all in the reflexes.

iTaker

02-26-2013

I do everything I can but i still lose too xD but only in promotion really. I win all my other games just every time i get to promotion i lose.

DiamondHost

02-26-2013

They have way better map awareness, they have better mechanics (this doesn't happen overnight, and the average person can't reach their level but it never hurts to practice), knowing their champions limits, thoughts about team composition and what their role is (snipe the carries, die for the team so that the rest of the team can clean up, etc), and they itemize according to the enemy team comp and don't follow a set build

Enemy team stacking hp but no resists? Botrk looks pretty damn good.

tons of armor? get that last whisper before your infinity edge

that's from an adc perspective, but ask yourself these questions for any role.

the most important thing in silver V is making sure you're getting objectives; often the ahead team lets the other team turtle and ends up losing.

when you're ahead you NEED to pressure baron, dragon, towers, etc and make sure your team maintains the lead they have

also capitalize on kills.

if you just aced and are low hp, don't back, check enemy death timers and push an objective (generally towers since low HP baron is not a good idea unless you KNOW you can pull it off)

often time a team backs when they could have finished the game, and this can really cost you.

AllTimeLoww

02-26-2013

I reckon burst assassins work more efficiently in this elo though like Akali, Kat, Kha'Zix, Talon, Eve etc
That way you can punish any wrong positionings/moves your opponent make more easily...idk i just think burst champs are more effective here, and normally the enemy team is less prepared for it due to lack of co-operation in this league etc

Zahken

02-26-2013

Pretty comments so far..
Thanks.

Would love a few more though. So I will bump a bit more.

Reiyalin

02-26-2013

I'm not pro or anything, in fact I'm in silver too, but based on what I hear, you listed a lot of things most other people say. I've also noticed a few things from being too scared to play ranked to feeling pretty good about it.

How much impact do you make when you are fed? If you are super scary you basically make the enemy team surrender out of their team falling apart with the blame game and demoralization.

How much impact does your lane matchup make when you do lose lane? Can you come back from the lost lane by doing well in teamfights? Even with an enemy carry fed if your team pulls together you can come back a lot just cause people get overconfident and do dumb things.

Another thing that might also arise is attitude. Seeing as you are trying to improve rather than just blaming everyone else, I'd say your attitude is at least decent. Being polite to other players and not raging goes a long way though. Instead of just typing X role, just saying "prefer this role if possible" actually seems to get people to be more willing to compromise with you more often. And also of course be willing to compromise with others.

The question also might arise how often do you do each of those things. Overall though, just work to make yourself as good of a player as you can and try to be polite to other players.

Edit: Also noticed another person saying this and it's a good point. Counterbuilding is a very important thing. Don't always build the same way, look at what you need based on the enemy team.

123456 ... 7