Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

When will be the time where we have 8 bans instead of 6?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unsimplify

02-26-2013

I mean, the champion pool is quite large and growing. When will six champion bans be completely irrelevant, where there are still equally broken champion unbanned?

Pigroastinya

02-26-2013

Probably never or not for a long time. Riot has said the amount of bans really isn't supposed to be proportional to the amount of champions, but rather to ban those top few champions that might be OP.

Unsimplify

02-26-2013

Actually, now that I think about it, when I watch high elo steams, it seems like they just ban anybody. It's like they don't even need to ban champions because they know how to counterplay everything.

Glarolar

02-26-2013

Quote:
Pigroastinya:
Probably never or not for a long time. Riot has said the amount of bans really isn't supposed to be proportional to the amount of champions, but rather to ban those top few champions that might be OP.

Well there are about 12 right now who could be considered OP
Akali
Blitz
Amumu
Khaz
Nid
AP Trynd
TF
Hec
Xin
Jarvan
Taric (some consider him OP)
Elise
Kayle

EDIT: I know that's not 12 but i know i forgot some
EDIT: Now i have 13

Pigroastinya

02-26-2013

Quote:
Glarolar:
Well there are about 12 right now who could be considered OP
Akali
Blitz
Amumu
Khaz
Nid
AP Trynd
TF
Hec
Xin
Jarvan
Taric (some consider him OP)

Eh, I don't think all of them are OP. There's a difference between strong picks and OP. If you up the bans, you can just get someone to ban every champion that does decent against whoever he plans to take.

KittensGotClaws

02-26-2013

I think each player should get a ban, instead of one player per side getting to do all the bans. So, that is 10 champs banned.