Support's will get hit again...

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basil van Yhun

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
But again - will watch burst mages - pretty sure that Runic / Locket is the cause of most mage's plight at the moment.
And here we go again. For what I think the 6th time now a support item will get crippled because bruisers are too effective with it. You'd think the idea that maybe bruisers are the problems would have come up by now.......Xypherous is well aware that raw damage can't hold a candle to bruisers because they wont die and correctly summarizes that utility for casters is better because you wont blow up the frontline anyway, don't even dream of getting to the backline.
Solution? Nerf support items...

Locket (old): Removed, Udyr unkillable with it.
Gold Items? Nerfed repeatedly because bruiser could stack it for 20 minute critical mass.
Heart of Gold: Completely removed.
Aegis? Nerfed, Bulwark placed out of reach of a support for the first 30 minutes of a game.
Sightstone? Changed in a way to make support builds even less variable. In most tourneys supports dont even get gold items anymore because Sightstone is so expensive and you need it early.

I am sure I forgot something but anyway. I wont argue that the nerfs weren't justified in most cases they were good but I think some were way to harsh, obviously not to hurt supports but to keep bruisers in line. HoG was removed because everyone got it. Diversity was the goal. What happened? Supports rush Sightstone, in some cases they get a Philo. Then they get boots and Locket or Aegis if they are fed. THE END. That's how 90% of competitive games look right now.

Maybe juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust maybe it is the Bruiser-class that is a problem and not that for some reason 90% of all items a support could even consider buying are op?

PS: Sry for some hyperbole but this has been nagging on me for a few years now. It's frustrating.

RavenSword8

02-26-2013

I didn't even build locket half the time honestly.

Whoever my tank is can make more use of it than I can.

Desmond Law

02-26-2013

Riot says they don't want to pigeonhole champs, but they be lyin'

Layla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

This is why we all hate bruisers.

Strawberrycocoa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

I hope Morello's talk about a class-wide nerf pass on bruisers and fighters comes to pass.

Basil van Yhun

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenSword8 View Post
I didn't even build locket half the time honestly.

Whoever my tank is can make more use of it than I can.
Of course especially in soloQ you have some options in your build because you are more likely to get gold and games last longer but if you are low on gold you will get more out of locket than of Aegis. It provides cdr, health, armor, health reg aura and a powerful active. It gives you everything to stay alive and cast your spells more often which is the most important thing for supports especially like Janna, Nami or Lulu. (squishies)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberrycocoa View Post
I hope Morello's talk about a class-wide nerf pass on bruisers and fighters comes to pass.
They promised this since the end of season 2, implying it has been in the work for even longer. By the time they are done supports will be running around with 5 wards and T1 boots because everything else is too expensive or too bad.

Fronslin

02-26-2013

I would love to have item variety for supports when i play ranked D:

but we normally cant do that with supports, and the items we get are nerfed?

riot pls

Kinvaras666

02-26-2013

And the new support items, they are never bought.

Because you have to choose, oracles (to wipe wards for five minutes, that will then be placed again) or items, which you will never have money to complete.

Joebillybob

02-26-2013

league of bruisers.

Vapeurs

02-26-2013

They will just take the stance that it is easier to nerf one item than a bunch of champs.

12345 ... 7