Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranked promotion glitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ibsixubnine

02-26-2013

Hi there! I was playing last night (Or this morning/midnight) and was on a 6 win streak, i accumulated enough points to put my self up for promotion and i had 1 win in the promotion series and from my understanding i needed to accumulate one more win to promote up a ranking in my current league. I logged on this afternoon only to find that i am now currently on 90 league points and now rather then winning one more for my promotion i have to win 1 to be put into promotion then another 2 to complete my promotion. I am not aware if there is a time limit to how long you can be in a promotion series for. That could possibly be the problem but i was not prepared to stay up until 6 am in the morning playing for promotion. Could i get more information on this issue? Is it a glitch or game mechanic?

Im S0fa King

Recruiter

02-26-2013

I'm pretty sure I've seen my friend sit in the promotion series for a few days, so I doubt there's a time limit for it. I suppose it may be a glitch.

On another note, dayum, you're on a long winning streak! How long is your current streak if you include normals?

ibsixubnine

02-26-2013

Not 100% sure i don't remember my last loss to be perfectly honest, but i assume it probably wasn't that long ago as i am not a exceptionally great or good player. xD

TehomCD

02-26-2013

Did you dodge a game, or have it crash on you in champ select? Dodging cancels a series and reduces your LP, so that's the only thing I could think of that would cause the behavior, aside from it just being a bug.

ibsixubnine

02-26-2013

Quote:
TehomCD:
Did you dodge a game, or have it crash on you in champ select? Dodging cancels a series and reduces your LP, so that's the only thing I could think of that would cause the behavior, aside from it just being a bug.

Oh wow thanks for the information. Well yes i was in queue and i noticed my p2p net had been slowed, (I have witnessed Optus throttling p2p net at certain times) so to avoid lagging and jeopardizing my teams chances at winning i decided to dodge the queue. It is disappointing that i know have to play 2 extra games to get to where i was but i guess in some cases the mechanic works for players that abuse the dodge system when it comes to promotion games, i guess i am unlucky ^.^ Thanks for informing me and have a great day!