Ranked promotion glitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ibsixubnine

02-26-2013

Hi there! I was playing last night (Or this morning/midnight) and was on a 6 win streak, i accumulated enough points to put my self up for promotion and i had 1 win in the promotion series and from my understanding i needed to accumulate one more win to promote up a ranking in my current league. I logged on this afternoon only to find that i am now currently on 90 league points and now rather then winning one more for my promotion i have to win 1 to be put into promotion then another 2 to complete my promotion. I am not aware if there is a time limit to how long you can be in a promotion series for. That could possibly be the problem but i was not prepared to stay up until 6 am in the morning playing for promotion. Could i get more information on this issue? Is it a glitch or game mechanic?

Im S0fa King

Senior Recruiter

02-26-2013

I'm pretty sure I've seen my friend sit in the promotion series for a few days, so I doubt there's a time limit for it. I suppose it may be a glitch.

On another note, dayum, you're on a long winning streak! How long is your current streak if you include normals?

ibsixubnine

02-26-2013

Not 100% sure i don't remember my last loss to be perfectly honest, but i assume it probably wasn't that long ago as i am not a exceptionally great or good player. xD

TehomCD

02-26-2013

Did you dodge a game, or have it crash on you in champ select? Dodging cancels a series and reduces your LP, so that's the only thing I could think of that would cause the behavior, aside from it just being a bug.

ibsixubnine

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehomCD View Post
Did you dodge a game, or have it crash on you in champ select? Dodging cancels a series and reduces your LP, so that's the only thing I could think of that would cause the behavior, aside from it just being a bug.
Oh wow thanks for the information. Well yes i was in queue and i noticed my p2p net had been slowed, (I have witnessed Optus throttling p2p net at certain times) so to avoid lagging and jeopardizing my teams chances at winning i decided to dodge the queue. It is disappointing that i know have to play 2 extra games to get to where i was but i guess in some cases the mechanic works for players that abuse the dodge system when it comes to promotion games, i guess i am unlucky ^.^ Thanks for informing me and have a great day!