Am i a bad person ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yosloth

02-26-2013

Hey, i have reached the bottom of silver V.. and lost about 5 in a row,
should i continue to play ranked with nothing to lose? or is it worth not reduing my w/l ratio more without improving?
cheers

Ixioran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

If you don't play ranked, you'll drop a tier. It's the only way you can drop one currently. All the reason you need to keep playing, unless of course you're trying to get dropped to bronze.

yosloth

02-26-2013

Oh how long not playing until dropped to bronze?

할배님

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

well before elo decay was 4 weeks i believe
anyways, i would just keep playing ranked

Ixioran

02-26-2013

I'm not exactly sure, but I know for a fact that you will be dropped after an extended period of time not playing. Even then, just keep going at it. The only way to improve is to keep playing.

Acid Reigns

02-26-2013

You are losing MMR, so the 'should I continue to play with nothing to lose' is innacurate.

yosloth

02-26-2013

ok i'll keep playing to keep in silver but yeah my concern is losing MMR ?

할배님

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosloth View Post
ok i'll keep playing to keep in silver but yeah my concern is losing MMR ?
your mmr is an indication of your skill. if your mmr drops then it's most likely because you belong at a lower mmr.
your mmr might get low if you keep playing ranked, but it will naturally be be back up to where it needs to be by the time you are ready to win against other silver players.
in contrast, you will improve slower if you play normals so it will take you more games to get up to silver 4 lvl

this is all if you actually believe you need to improve. obviously if you think mmr and ranked system on the whole is garbage and you are only losing because of trolls, then you are stuck in "elo hell" and there is absolutely no way out. if so, you should just stop playing ranked

Acid Reigns

02-26-2013

^Basically what he said ^^

yosloth

02-26-2013

Oh sweet thanks!