shouldn't Leona be stronger than Diana?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

raphaelbouch

02-26-2013

I mean, the power of the moon is only a lower reflection of the power of the sun.

or I'm wrong?

OriginalA

02-26-2013

And the Moon can block out the Sun, so shouldn't Diana be more powerful than Leona?

Or they can be roughly equal in power.

Besides it doesn't exactly work that way since Leona can cause direct sun light to appear even in the dead of night. That simply isn't possible even with the Moon reflecting the sun light. It's magic it doesn't need to make sense.

Helmight

02-26-2013

While we're at it, why doesn't Nami deal double damage to Brand with her spells? Water puts out fire, right?

Lionant

02-27-2013

Maybe one of them IS stronger than the other, but the League puts restrictions on their powers so they're roughly equal. (That's the canon for buffs/nerfs, right...? Can't remember.) Also, most of Leona's abilities are defensive while most of Diana's abilities are offensive. It's sort of like comparing a sword to a shield, it's a stalemate.

Cerubois

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmight View Post
fire puts out water, right?
ಠ_ಠ

ShatteredSkys

02-27-2013

Maybe the sun and moon are different in the leuges world. Maybe in their world the sun doesn't reflect of the moon.

Helmight

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
ಠ_ಠ
...And suddenly I realize why I should not be forum posting late at night. That was embarrassing

GoraxBloodscream

03-03-2013

All hail the Solari!

Crankdawg

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionant View Post
Maybe one of them IS stronger than the other, but the League puts restrictions on their powers so they're roughly equal. (That's the canon for buffs/nerfs, right...? Can't remember.) Also, most of Leona's abilities are defensive while most of Diana's abilities are offensive. It's sort of like comparing a sword to a shield, it's a stalemate.
It's not exactly a stalemate. Its a confrontation of ideologies. Leona's ideology is that of a protector (shield). Her goals are to defend the weak. Diana's ideology is that of a wrathful avenger (sword). Her goals are to snuff out the "evils" of the corrupt Solari leadership. Diana's goal is more focused which makes her more motivated and (theoretically) more powerful. I'm sure Leona was defending someone she cared deeply about would be (at least) on par with Diana leading to the aforementioned stalemate but I don't see anything in the lore to suggest this.

TLDR: Diana has rage on her side, and rage can be a powerful ally.

Montesque64

03-07-2013

You might as well ask why, in any given video game ever, the light mage isn't automatically and hopelessly more powerful than the dark mage, since darkness is simply the absence of light.

I.e. the answer is because fantasy doesn't work via earth physics, and because MAGIC. For all we know Runeterra's moon gives off its' own light.