best burst mage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cards and Dice

02-26-2013

Lux.

Also, shouldn't you be checking on your bushes, oh great spirit of the 5v5 map?

Scythul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

Why has no one said Xerath. He has similar burst to brand, but has an easier stun to land and can do most of his burst to their entire team from across the lane. Plus with some CD reduction he has 2ish seconds on his q and w end game giving him insane sustained poke.

Kirballs1

02-26-2013

Orianna,how is she being overlooked?High burt,Utility,and OP AA.Oh yeah and hoe can I forget,she has a shield to trade with burst mages.

Repr0bate

02-26-2013

Do you want to see my bear Tibbers?

TarotFlame

02-26-2013

Guess I'll add to the three just mentioned:

Evelynn is extremely strong, while her burst was neutered a bit with her ult change to %current HP over %Max, the ability to ignore normal wards is godly in solo que. While she has little up front utility, she makes up for it with what amounts to the "Shaco Scare". Basically, if she's not visible on the map, SHE'S ABOUT TO GANK YOU!

Xerath. I like Xerath and yet I don't. The thing about him is he is a very oddly executed champion. Many people on GD swear by his burst and I have to agree he does have it... if you're ahead. The thing about him his, ALL of his burst is loaded into his ult. Most of the time you'll be spamming out his Q which, with locus up is amazing poke damage. (free Void staff at Max W level and strong burn with liandry's/Rylai's). His downfalls however, are that his stun is a combo like Brand's and honestly, landing it has the same difficulty as Brand if not more since his E range is significantly shorter than his other spells both in and out of Locus. His other downfall is that he MUST rush a ton of AP to stay relevant. Even with his free mpen, his Q scaling is abysmal and it's base damage quite low. If you don't rush out a dcap, you probably won't be 1 shotting caster minions anytime soon.

Orianna is basically Lux but with even less burst, but more utility. Her job is to constantly poke and zone with her orb and make trades difficult with her spammable shield. If she's 100-0ing you, then you're extremely far behind.

I think I'll add Viktor into this as well. He's a fairly powerful champ when he goes all in, but extremely mana hungry and is crippled by his rather lengthy cooldowns and passive. When playing him as a bursty mid, it's best to grab the Death augment as it gives his E a massive powerboost through a 30% DoT and 99 ap at max rank (over 45 from the other augments). He's a good counterpick to certain champs mid (coughKatarinacough) as his spells bring some utility. His Q makes for a great trading tool while E is a zoning/harassing spell. W is basically a mini Veigar stun that slows beforehand and his ult has a 0.5 sec silence frontloaded into it. Great for stopping channeling abilities. He's rather fun when he's not breaking the game every 3-4 patches.

Of these, the most viable for the current meta are Eve and Orianna. Eve's ability to ignore wards is just so powerful and a well played orianna is hell for the enemy team.

Viktor and Xerath offer more unique if challenging gameplay.

Pigroastinya

02-26-2013

Anivia.

Ahri all day

02-26-2013

Syndra, has the highest level 6 burst damage in the game. Also too much fun.

jmlinden7

02-26-2013

Single target, probably Syndra or LeBlanc. AOE would probably be Xerath.