Today I learned that Riot believes in mob justice.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

True Bandito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WreckBeard View Post
But bro, people don't make false reports!
False reports are largely filtered out by the Tribunal and the false reporters' report value will plummet.

Also, false reports are only a small amount compared to genuine reports. I have done over 1000 cases and speaking from my own experience, almost 95% of the current reports are valid reports.

daiwai

02-26-2013

Quote:
Don't harass someone because you don't agree with them. I'll report you.

The restaurant doesn't have the right to deny you something you paid for. Also restaurants don't pick 15 people to decide whether or not you should be allowed to stay. Just imagine what the world would be like if the majority always got to decide the way things worked.
Actually yes they do. they just give you your money back and say peace. Or they dont even have to actually if your abusive. Yes, i own one. and im in law school

Captain Dashie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiwai View Post
Actually yes they do. they just give you your money back and say peace. Or they dont even have to actually if your abusive. Yes, i own one. and im in law school
I'm the top lawyer when it comes to Digital Rights. EULA's are flaky. Since companies can really put anything that they want to in them, they tend to not hold up well in court.

When was the last time Riot gave someone their money back when they got banned?

BrightNooblar

02-26-2013

Quote:
I didn't get banned.

But here's my favorite tribunal case ever.

http://i.imgur.com/Opt2oDF.png
That isn't a tribunal case. That is a picture of part of a tribunal case. Without the entire case, you really can't pretend to draw a valid conclusion.

Captain Dashie

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Bandito View Post
False reports are largely filtered out by the Tribunal and the false reporters' report value will plummet.

Also, false reports are only a small amount compared to genuine reports. I have done over 1000 cases and speaking from my own experience, almost 95% of the current reports are valid reports.
That's a load. I did 15 cases today and out of the 15, 5 of them had an overwhelming amount of false reports.

daiwai

02-26-2013

Quote:
I'm the top lawyer when it comes to Digital Rights. EULA's are flaky. Since companies can really put anything that they want to in them, they tend to not hold up well in court.
Well i dont study that. but the restaurant one is the one im discussing. And tbh i think that if riot could be sued for this, and they could be beaten easily, it woulda been done. Lets be honest, anyone can win ANY case if things go there way, but isnt the EULA pretty much liek a contract?

Captain Dashie

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiwai View Post
Well i dont study that. but the restaurant one is the one im discussing. And tbh i think that if riot could be sued for this, and they could be beaten easily, it woulda been done. Lets be honest, anyone can win ANY case if things go there way, but isnt the EULA pretty much liek a contract?
It's not about winning the case, it's about having the money to do so. Who is going to sue someone over losing a few hundred bucks?

DrDirty

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightNooblar View Post
That isn't a tribunal case. That is a picture of part of a tribunal case. Without the entire case, you really can't pretend to draw a valid conclusion.
I shouldn't have the right to be able to judge this player. It's sickening to think that people are just mashing punish in every case and not even reading the logs, and it needs to be stopped.

True Bandito

02-26-2013

Quote:
It's not about winning the case, it's about having the money to do so. Who is going to sue someone over losing a few hundred bucks?
People sue for less.