Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Today I learned that Riot believes in mob justice.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necruse

02-26-2013

mo riot employees shouldn't use riot in their names... so they can better understand the community

Cupiter

02-26-2013

There is a difference between a large number of people taking direct action and a large number of people voting on the action being taken.

Verxl

02-26-2013

Quote:
WreckBeard:
Why does Riot believe mob justice is superior to appointing representatives to enforce the rules? Do you think the lynchings of the 1800s were justified? No, of course they weren't. That is what happens when mob justice is allowed to exist.

Why does Riot let the community mold the rules? I feel like most Riot employees don't have to deal with the **** that every day League of Legends players deal with. If I join a game with Riot in front of my name, I'm definitely going to get treated better.

Why wouldn't Riot be interested in protecting the rights of the few, instead of following the voices of the many? Wasn't America founded to protect the rights of the few? I guess we're going back to colonial England now though.

Being denied the privilege to play a video game isn't the same as getting lynched. Playing a video game isn't a "right" unless you purchased a license to play said game (which nobody has for this game).

At the end of the day, it's the happiness of the many that's important. If your analogy were accurate, this would be me suggesting that we kill everyone we deem not fit to live in our society. What I'm actually suggesting is that the minority of people who make the game miserable for the rest of us go **** off and do something else with their lives.

Dash Senpai

02-26-2013

Quote:
Cupiter:
There is a difference between a large number of people taking direct action and a large number of people voting on the action being taken.

Really?

Lets set a scene. It's 1800. Southern Mississippi. Slaves have no rights.

If I go gather a bunch of people and tell them that this person is suspect of raping a white woman, do you really think that anybody is going to try and prove his innocence?

DrDirty

02-26-2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-dJPoSlPfU

The equivalent of the tribunal.

WaffleFortress

Recruiter

02-26-2013

Today I learned that the LoL community would like to surrender autonomy and have a parental figure run their playtime.

Dash Senpai

02-26-2013

Quote:
Verxl:
Being denied the privilege to play a video game isn't the same as getting lynched. Playing a video game isn't a "right" unless you purchased a license to play said game (which nobody has for this game).

At the end of the day, it's the happiness of the many that's important. If your analogy were accurate, this would be me suggesting that we kill everyone we deem not fit to live in our society. What I'm actually suggesting is that the minority of people who make the game miserable for the rest of us go **** off and do something else with their lives.

Whether or not you have a "license" to play the game is debatable and that is actually a very big thing right now in civil cases. If I input a large amount of money into something, I am going to be upset if I get banned based on the decision of a handful of players in the community.

Atreiyu

02-26-2013

I miss the days where the League playerbase only wanted intentional afk, or players that run revive and run down mid 25 times players to get justice.

Not say, for example:

"Easy game"
"reported"

MyDeadGrandma

02-26-2013

Quote:
WreckBeard:
Whether or not you have a "license" to play the game is debatable and that is actually a very big thing right now in civil cases

No, it isn't.

Quote:
If I input a large amount of money into something, I am going to be upset if I get banned based on the decision of a handful of players in the community.

So what if you spend a lot of money on a service? If I go to a restaurant, ordering the most expensive champagne doesn't give me the right to take a dump on the person sitting at the next table.

DrDirty

02-26-2013

Quote:
Atreiyu:
I miss the days where the League playerbase only wanted intentional afk, or players that run revive and run down mid 25 times players to get justice.

Not say, for example:

"Easy game"
"reported"

Apparently hitting mute is harder than hitting report.