Gave It A Good Go But Im Done With Dom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fabs457

02-27-2013

If not for keeping track of 'win totals', what actual incentive is there to take blinds even remotely seriously? It will always be considered a screw around mode because nothing is gained or lost from winning or losing ... other than a 'assumed' elo factored out of win total + win differential

As for the OP: I don't agree with the defeatist attitude but I can't blame you one bit. Seeing all the other modes get goodies to give more incentives to playing them makes dominion even moreso made out to be the black sheep mode that nobody really knows about.

Carolina Blues

02-27-2013

I've been watching too much LCS, I don't even really feel like playing that much. But yeah dominion is still the only mode I'd play, would be nice to have some real stats though.

DG Denz Brujah

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs457 View Post
If not for keeping track of 'win totals', what actual incentive is there to take blinds even remotely seriously? It will always be considered a screw around mode because nothing is gained or lost from winning or losing ... other than a 'assumed' elo factored out of win total + win differential

As for the OP: I don't agree with the defeatist attitude but I can't blame you one bit. Seeing all the other modes get goodies to give more incentives to playing them makes dominion even moreso made out to be the black sheep mode that nobody really knows about.
In a word ....

SKILL

Soren Kaleth

02-28-2013

You can look at my history all you want, but it wont honestly show you an accurate portrait of me as a player. I mean really who plays Ez as AP and makes him viable in this mode? I got tired of trying to be competitive and just started trying things out for "fun" just to see if I could let go and actually have "fun" just playing a champ I like. After 100 some odd games with that strategy I realized I'm just not that way. I have too strong of a competitive nature to not care about winning or losing and just to play the game with a champ I have fun playing. So I gave up and moved on.

inFe eD

02-28-2013

AP Ezreal is fine, probably overpowered if a decent one ever wanders over to Dom. Your build isn't. You haven't come close to improving your own play to the point where you can honestly blame OP picks for your losses.

Soren Kaleth

02-28-2013

Man you dont read do you...

Vsin

02-28-2013

The problem with Dominion is that it died when it launched. First impressions are everything - just look at virtually every "omg X is useless" case that got turned into "omg X is so OP". Just because we may or may not be doing better now, doesn't mean that people will think long enough to change their minds. This is why Proving Grounds is doing well (dedicated ARAM map!) while something like TT is still languishing in limbo, despite having both Ranked and the recent rework.

Having said that, adding Ranked will still have some effect, and to put it bluntly its release would probably be our very last chance at building a reasonably good Dominion community. We were chugging along pretty well back when JabeBot still worked so there's still a chance for revival.

The only real alternative is Riot showcasing some top Dominion teams during a major stream, possibly as an intermission event or something.

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soren Kaleth View Post
Man you dont read do you...
What he's saying is that you suck, and your losses have more to do with your personal ability than the champion select.

AK47WOLF

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
*meanwhile, Proving Grounds is doing fine with no matchmaking system at all*

Keep believing you know exactly what Dominion needs, though.
Proving Grounds is doing fine? It takes 6-8 lobbies in order to start a game. If people don't random their Katarinas or their Nidalees then they dodge. Every. Time.

Keep believing you know exactly how much better off PG is, though.

SFG mAEtb0y

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bma View Post
That's a pretty silly comparison considering why people play Proving Grounds.

Not to mention that mode is getting an upcoming matchmaking system which will probably further boost its popularity.

And I will continue to believe that the single most needed thing for Dominion right now is a draft pick ranked mode. Players need performance indicators to tell them how well they are doing in comparison to others. Furthermore, public indicators such as elo/leagues makes formation of teams a lot easier than is currently the case (Look at DD tournaments if you want to see how stale the scene for Dominion is). Obviously, being able to get gold/plat/diamond in dominion is something that would entice not only players from Dom but also SR. Ranked solves the Kassadin/Khazix/X OP problem as well as mass pre-made issues. In this way, Nome doesn't even have to nerf Kassadin, problem champions can just be put on the permaban list for a couple of months and nobody would care.

I'd like to think this is the very change that Dominion needs and I'm sorry you don't agree.
Good luck getting people to queue ranked when blind is already 10-30 minute queues for most people.