[Suggestion] Champion Tabs (Or Role Tabs) for Champion Select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alhirae

02-26-2013

So, now that I've hit a certain amount of champions I have to scroll to find the champion I want to play. Though this doesn't normally bug me, I've had a few games where I had to switch last second because of another player not being so agreeable. I start panicking trying to find the character I need to play, and only find it last second. I've ended up playing a game where myself and another player both were filling roles and both switched to support at the last second.

The other day, It occurred to me that players with more champions might like to have tabs during champion selection that they can pre-make. What I'm saying is a player may make tabs of AP and AD characters, they may make Role Tabs (Toplane, Jungle, Support, etc.), whatever they choose. That way when it's time to choose a champion you can click the tabs to filter what champions are selected to make choosing easier.

I also noticed a tab on my profile that wasn't clickable called "Achievements" and my brother indicated that he believes that it had been there since season one. Why not make that tab the section to make tabs pre-champion select?

What do you guys think? Anything to add to the idea? Is it viable?

Resther

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

Absolutely !

I really like this idea. Usually I just play the same champions in Ranked anyway, but when I need to find a champion, it can put me into a panic, because of that dreaded counter telling me to pick a damn champion already.

I also like the idea of making our own tabs, so we can customize it as well. Very useful feature that needs to be implemented ASAP.

/bump

Mynx The Origin

02-27-2013

Oh my god, YES! I don't have that many champs yet, but I already saw this issue. You don't know how often my teammates in games start raging at ungodly levels just because I picked Skarner or Yi or something for a reason only God knows. But when you need to scroll through a list of 50+ champs to get to the one you want, only to be screamed at to pick someone else, that damn timer really starts to feel very threatening.

I really like the idea of custom champ tabs. It would really make the game much more streamlined and user friendly. It also wouldn't hurt to give an extra thirty seconds to the game timer.

Alhirae

03-01-2013

Thanks for the feedback guys I really like this idea, and it's nice to know other people feel the same way about the timer. Though I agree the timer is needed, it puts a lot of stress on you in the last few seconds. I think this could be a way to not get rid of the timer, but make it a little less stressful and a little less likely to get locked in as ADC Battle Soraka XD

Alhirae

03-02-2013

I'm going to bump this thread every once in a while. I think it's a really great possible implementation, and I think it would make the game just that much better.

Devious Rogue

03-02-2013

I love this. It's a fantastic idea. Would also be pretty cool if you could see which champs are also owned by which players, but this is a great idea already.

Alhirae

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious Rogue View Post
I love this. It's a fantastic idea. Would also be pretty cool if you could see which champs are also owned by which players, but this is a great idea already.
I agree with you as well, I have wondered why we can't see what characters a player owns, especially when we can gift.

Alhirae

03-05-2013

I'd really like to see this implemented. I think it could help the game be a little more user friendly.

/bump

Alhirae

03-08-2013

/bump. Anyone else? I thought it was a good idea, I'd like some feedback.

Alhirae

03-09-2013

Bump.

I get some great feedback, then this kind of died. Does anyone else think this would be useful?