Liandry's Torment

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Irikk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

I have noticed that the unique passive is useless now. Was there really a need for nerfing it 3%? I just played a game i was zyra destroying brand mid had about 3 kills, so i was doing good in the game. The enemy darius was the same and i noticed he was stacking hp, so i got Liandry's Torment. He came mid he had a warmogs and sunfires no MR at all, so i was like sweet at this point i had just gotten liandry's torment. It didn't seem to help at all 2% of 3000 is 60 dmg. 60 dmg...I could auto atk for more dmg. Even if they didnt nerf it 5% of 3000 is 150 which isn't very much but it helps. Oh, almost forgot 2% of their hp over 3 seconds so thats like 20 dmg a second when his regening 23 hp a second through warrmog's there is absolutely no counter for hp stackers and they nerfed it at that. Darius was taking our whole team 5v1 coming out with 3 kills and he didn't die. He had Treads, sunfires, warmogs, frozen mallet, hexdrinker, and a pickaxe. He had about 4,500 hp with about 130 armor and 100 MR. He regened 23 health a second and took no dmg. Tell me why they nerfed Liandry's Torment and not darius and his HP stacking?

knormanx

02-26-2013

The item was not nerfed at all. They just changed the wording. It used to do 5% within 3 seconds, now it does 2% a second for 3 seconds (thats 6%). Thats a buff. they also made it so it does the same damage for aoe and dots

Irikk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

Okay i see that now but it really doesn't help much, when they are stacking full hp no one can kill someone that stacks full hp with a little dmg.

knormanx

02-26-2013

yeah i honestly don't get all the hype for the item. It really doesnt do that much damage even on people with nearly constant magic damage(singed, cass, swain). I find that just buying actual ap gives you more damage.

Llanite

02-26-2013

I dont get the point of it either.

It does dmg as 2% of CURRENT, not maximum HP which doesnt help at all against Hp stackers. DFG is way better.

LeVentNoir

02-28-2013

You can absolute monsters of damage with the right champions. It does 2% current per second, doubled to 4% when target is cc'd. Now, LT + RCS gives slow and burn on all spell damage. Now think of some spells which apply decent DoT, and thats where LT comes in. Swains bird laser. Mundo's burn. Morgana and Cassiopia's puddles. This item is about making CC really hurt, and making even a single target damage ball take a decent chunk of even the toughest tank.

Lets take a nice little damage ball, say Ryze's Q. Or Kog's R. Or Annie Q. Something thats a damage ball. Now, each of those hits a tank (say 3K) and does an extra 360 over 3 seconds. Fire this off every 3-4 seconds and you have just gathered yourself an extra 800-1000 damage.

This item has to be looked at in the shift away from nuke -> melt gameplay we were used to, and the new brawly team fights, some 10, 15, 20 seconds of flying damage.

420 LOL 69

03-01-2013

Yeah, on any champ with either sustained magic damage or damge over time, you're getting a 4% proc for every dot proc that hits them, plus another 4% proc after that.

So say that you're fiddlesticks. You ult in on top of somebody with rylai's and liandry's. Fear is 3 seconds, so you will get at least 3 seconds of your drain and ult on them. 3 seconds is 12% of their current HP. Because your rylai's slows them, you'll ge tthe last 2 procs of your drain on them, so assume you hit your drain for 5 seconds. That's 18% of their current HP. After that, it will burn for an additional 2 procs, giving you an additional 6%. This means that with a full ult combo on a full HP opponent, your liandry's has given you an extra 24% of their HP in dmg.

Baughwssery

03-03-2013

Umm okay, so I start to read this and notice its a Darius QQ thread. Stick to the items pl0x

Fanaticmogg

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irikk View Post
He had about 4,500 hp with about 130 armor and 100 MR. He regened 23 health a second and took no dmg.
With Warmog's, he would be regenerating 9 HP/sec (1% of 4500 per 5 sec). He'd need to have at least 70 HP/5 before he'd be regaining 23 HP/sec

Xaneran

03-03-2013

zephyrslamentburn