Alacrity Fails to Provide +15 MS

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alice Twilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
MS has diminishing returns past 415 movement speed, and then again at 490. This explains why you're seeing an inconsistency.
Yi's ult should ignore this because he can't be slowed during it. So he should also be unaffected by diminishing returns.

TasogareReiken

02-26-2013

I'm seeing the same glitch. Lulu with Move Speed 2 boots has the same move speed after buffing herself as when she has Move Speed 3 boots. The +15 bonus is lost on all counts.

HeWhoSpectates

02-26-2013

Working as intended and it's the main reason why Alacrity and to a lesser extend Furor are so bad right now.

Captain is good on anyone (better follow up for tanks and faster peeling for ranged carries) and the same goes for Home Guard, which gives you a ton of map presence.

The PKK Revenge

02-27-2013

Gotta say this is why I have a 'slight' problem with Boots of Mobility. No one has low enough base speed for you to get the full amount of movement speed that the tool tip says. I understand why you don't and it doesn't really effect anything. They still give you the highest movement speed while out of combat.

Just seems a little odd for them to claim you get 'X' movement speed and there's no champion that actually gets that much because of the soft cap.

ofart

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWhoSpectates View Post
Working as intended and it's the main reason why Alacrity and to a lesser extend Furor are so bad right now.

Captain is good on anyone (better follow up for tanks and faster peeling for ranged carries) and the same goes for Home Guard, which gives you a ton of map presence.
I thought Furor wasn't good just because of its price and very fast decay. Does it also suffer from the diminishing return of the cap?

Viro Melchior

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofart View Post
I thought Furor wasn't good just because of its price and very fast decay. Does it also suffer from the diminishing return of the cap?
Yup. 12% for 2 seconds isn't even enough to make up for the fact that you had to stop moving just to use the ability or attack, unless you are ALSO slowing them. And if you're slowing them, you don't need the 12% anyhow.

To get the full 12%, you need to have 370 move speed or less. Since you can only buy it on boots 2....
Slowest champion in the game is speed 325, and boots 2 provide 45. Which means if you have any other effect for movement speed (runes, masteries, gear, or just being not one of the 2 slowest champions), you're already getting diminishing returns any time you activate furor.
Which is silly. An item that gives a % bonus that gets worse the more of the stat you have...

So if you have 370 speed, furor gives you +44.5 speed for 2 seconds.
Or alacrity gives you +15 speed always.

Similarly, boots of mobility on the slowest champion (so maximum benefit) gives you the base +45, but then 15 of the bonus 60 is affected by DR, giving a net bonus of 57 instead.

Of course, if you're someone like Yi (not using ultimate), you'll have 30 more base speed, which means that furor provides a 48 speed boost, but only 15 are unaffected by DR, meaning that the bonus is only 41.5.

Now, the other thing to note is that the 20% DR is very minor. In fact, with how easy it is to break 415 move speed without even using champion abilities, I would think it would be better to get rid of the 415 DR, and leave in the 490. Since you can't reach 490 without actually trying (or major speed up abilities), it won't come up nearly as often, and when it does, the target will still be "a ton faster".

ofart

02-27-2013

Then Furor is a waste too. Frustrating that the tooltip shows nothing about the speed cap so I ignorantly got enchantments like Furor & Alacrity while already being fast.

Arcolyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2013

I always knew about the softcaps but I don't remember them ever being visibly present on character sheet. Like armor 'diminishes' as you get more but it still shows your total amount.

ofart

03-04-2013

What happens if the MS to be gained is fractional. For instance, if I'm to gain 4.66 MS and the game displays it as an extra 5 MS, am I gaining the fractional value or the rounded value? Thanks!

ofart

03-04-2013

I saw

Quote:
There is no rounding. Some numbers we round visually so that you don't see a zillion decimal places however when computing the math it uses the full numbers.
in another thread so I now assume the number is 4.66 despite what is shown.