How does duo's effect LP loss/gain?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ManedWolf

02-26-2013

Hi,

I am just wondering how is your LP effected when you duo with someone. For example, let's say you are in silver V and you duo with someone in Diamon III, if you win what would the LP earnings would be like for each player in the duo? and how would they be if you lose? You can apply the same situation in different legues/tiers, like Bronze V and Gold II.

Some help would be nice,
Thanks

Arbaal

02-26-2013

Im pretty sure that if you were silver and they were diamond then it would match you up with diamond/gold players because despite the flame "duo queue" gets your odds of winning are higher so to make it fair it will pick slightly higher players to compensate for your duo queue. That aside their are chances you'll be placed vs silver/gold but the lp gained from winning will be low because should of been able to beat them because of the diamond skilled player and if you lost you'd of lost alot of lp. Thats my understanding of it, if im wrong i'd love someone to feel me in plz.

Shut It Donny

02-26-2013

I'm Bronze 2 and que with a Silver 2/3. We both get around 20-25 a win. As far as I know it still calculates your gains on an individual basis.
As for the matchup, I believe it takes an average of your MMRs and finds opponents within that range.

ManedWolf

02-27-2013

Thanks for the replies I guess it effects your LP gain/loss if the gap between you and your duo partner is more than five legues (like Bronze 5 and Silver 2 for example). But I am not sure and it is kind of scary to go ahead and try it with a friend of higher legue because I dont wanna waste their hard earned LP in the case of a loss.

So I will be glad if someone can clear it up for me.