Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Blues for cd...r they worth it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Al0death

10-30-2010

im making a build for amumu..and I was wondering if i should take blues for cooldowns..do those really help? or should i go something else there?

highwinsfe3der

10-30-2010

Probably worth it for most characters.

Only thing stopping me from picking them up is their ludicrous cost.

Sabnitron

Recruiter

10-30-2010

Yeah, I use flat CDR for everyone. Although if I build a tank page at some point I'll prob use MR instead.

Onlyashadow

10-30-2010

Flat CDR is good stuff, scaling only matches flat at lvl 12 so I wouldn't reccomend them unless you're playing a ridiculous mid like morde.

Lamda

10-30-2010

What I do is take enough CD reduction to cap 40% with masteries and golem. So technically you only need 6% cd reduction from runes. Which can be achieved either by going fullstatic cooldown reduction on blues or 6 per level cooldown and 3 MR runes to fill in. I find this better since cooldown reduction starts to shine late game and not so much early game (unless you are jungling or something).

Kietsu

10-30-2010

They're very good - possibly the most universally useful runes in the game.
They're also incredibly expensive.

MythcBurst

10-30-2010

ohhh runes... ithink its worth it

iKoloR

10-30-2010

Quote:
Sabnitron:
Yeah, I use flat CDR for everyone. Although if I build a tank page at some point I'll prob use MR instead.

The MR is also good for phys carries with low scaling MR

r431

10-30-2010

It's a nice start if you're going to build your first runepage, as they're universal to all champs, like fortitude quints.

Necks

10-30-2010

Most champions, I like using flat CD glyphs. However, if I'm using a very mana intensive champion, I go mp5/level glyphs AND seals. It does wonders.