Countering Vayne mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscanX

02-25-2013

Hi,

so I just finished a game against Vayne mid as Anivia. Is there a way to counter Vayne mid? I ended 1-3 and she got like 11 kills after 20 minutes. It's hard to kite her cause she can dash me and I'm too slow to get away.

Is there a way to farm without getting zoned by her?

Dorodan

02-25-2013

A nasty thing about Vayne is her sheer speed - this can make landing skillshots an absolute pain. However, other champs that can match her speed and mobility (Katarina comes to mind) can force her off-lane, or mages that have an easy-to-land cc like Ryze can make her easy gankbait.

Cenerae

02-26-2013

Anyone with reliable ranged harrass makes mincemeat out of Vayne. Skillshot based champs are a bit iffy since she can tumble out of the way and poke you down with autos, and bruisers get pushed away with her condemn.

So, someone like Annie or Malzahar comes to mind.

M3GaL0d0n

02-26-2013

Let's be honest... when little miss 400 hp 70 AD Vayne walks into lane she's about as threatening as a Janna. At level 2 Annie, Malzahar, Fiddlesticks, Ryze, Swain, or Veigar (Just to name a few) can melt away half of Vayne's health bar with just two abilities. Vayne is a unique assassin/ADC hybrid who cannot kite unless she can successfully land a Condemn into a wall for a stun (Which is next to impossible in mid, just stay in the middle of the lane). Virtually any AP carry in the game will completely obliterate Vayne in a trade at level two... and with summoner ignite or exhaust they have a very good chance for a kill. The key is aggression, ADC's can be bullied extremely easily in lane and usually rely on a support to peel or counter attack. Just go smack her in the face with a few abilities and if she actually manages to deal any damage to you just pop a health potion and continue melt away more of her health, you will come out on top. (Assuming you both either have proper runes or both don't, be careful if someone is pub stomping for giggles and actually knows what they're doing, but you were probably dead anyways)

GLHF...

P.S. Also be aware of various engagements, if she is baiting you into a gank, back off a little bit. But don't be afraid to trade with her, as her sustained damage is no match for an AP carry's burst damage tied to a stun or snare. She will suffer for engaging you.

P.S.S. 11 kills in 20 minutes? Tell your scrubcake jungler to get his act together. The other people are supposed to die during a gank, not the other way around.

DiscanX

02-26-2013

Thanks a lot for the answers,

I should have harass more early... it's hard with anivia, who is so combo-reliant for damage. But It's good to hear that she is not totally OP mid.

Socraties

02-26-2013

Dude wall r e q = dead vayne. Also if u r playing a ss base champ. Never use unless u r 100% sure u will hit or can clear a wave if u happened to miss.

Also, Most ad beside trist cannot clear a wave as fast as most ap mid, so push the hell out of ur lane so she's always at her tower and u r free to roam and gank.

MangoTrident

02-26-2013

you can try to play another ad mid like caitlyn

420 LOL 69

02-27-2013

Wait till vayne comes near you, drop your ult on top of her and e. Then run, and use your q to keep vayne from chasing you. Bonus points if you can stun him in your ult.

Anivia should be able to take vayne no problem.