How do you buHild GangPlank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheOnlyJaces1

02-27-2013

So, I have no idea why people always do bad with him and no idea why I never played him before
He is becoming my favorite champ by far lol.
Everytime I crit+sheen, I smile XD
His W make people say WTF and its funny. (ashe/morg stun XD)
His E give a huge teamfight advantage. It also help preventing ganks or help a teamate from getting away etc...
His ult win teamfights.

Before I ask the main question, I just noticed my last game that, the E active says 'add a bonus of 40 atk.dmg'...... Everytime I use it, it give like 15 or so to my Ad. Anyone have an explanation for this ?

So, about GP builds, I do think he can be built in a lots of way for different purpose.
The most classic one would be Critplank i guess.
I think he can also be built as a Gangtank to.
Also, I was thinking of a hybrid/AP build for him. His ult would own and he would have amazing substain due to his Orange XD

My current build is as follow ;
Boots
Ruby crystal
Avarice blade (for even more crits and better farming)
Sheen ( crits + sheen = them ''wow your kidding me ?'' Me ''nah its just the usual'')
Phage to Frozen Malet ( Help staying alive in teamfights and amazing for chasing.)

The rest is situationnal but I really like to get IE after that. Make his Q just ...stupidly strong and brings his crit chance to like 58% i think.

As runes and masteries:
I run 21-9-0 for crits

Mark: Crit chance
Seal: Flat armor
Glyphs: Mr.res (was thinking how good would CD red would be)
Quints: flat AD ( would more crit chance or critpower be crazy on him ?)

Thanks in advance.
jaces

PentaAsian

02-27-2013

Like you said, and I don't play Gangplank a lot either, it comes down to what's happening during the game. Avarice Blade is the most common item so that's good and beyond that I really don't know. I have seen both tanky and dps do good and fail but it always comes down to what you are doing to contribute to your team the most and what you can do to make the enemy team make more mistakes.

Byelobog

02-27-2013

A few things about gangplank (who has fallen far, but not to the point of uselessness)
:
*CDR is perhaps his best stat. Go Ionian boots any game you can get away with it, and try to get as close to 40% as you can between some combination of Iceborn Gauntlet (upgrade your sheen to this----the ranged slow on your Q is excellent), yomuu's ghostblade (gp uses all the stats well, especially the active), Locket (just plain strong), or spirit visage.

*Build according to how the game is going: if your team is squishy, build a giant's belt and the appropriate defense items (building toward iceborn/locket or sv, depending on whether the enemy team is heavy ad or ap). If you are getting fed early and need to be a primary damage dealer, go sheen+yomuu's, or even as far as IE (though if you go full glass cannon the enemy will usually just focus you down, making a bruiser-ish build better in practice).

*Likewise with skills. If you get hard-countered top (pantheon or fiora or such), then level your W so your heal can help you stay in lane without getting killed. Your Q makes it hard to zone you completely, so staying alive can help you get to the late-game, where your utility pays off.

*Armor Pen marks are your friend, use them instead of crit chance. Your other runes are fine. 9/21 or 21/9 masteries.

Eugenides

02-28-2013

Just going to throw this out there: rush muramune. The active is amazing on him.

SummonersRiftPlz

02-28-2013

I love GP.
I build him full bruiser to maximize my survability and damage

Lajinn5

03-01-2013

Depends on what build you want, there's Critplank, Bankplank, Mageplank, and a few more

TheOnlyJaces1

03-01-2013

Thanks all.
As 'ap' tanky gp , how youl you build him ?
I was thinking of Ionians boots and lichbane for sure. For the rest Im not sure. Deathcap perhaps ?

HardGayRamen

03-01-2013

spirit visage, exec calling warmogs IE any boots win