@Riot: Can we get a quick status update?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valduran

02-26-2013

There are 5 champions that most players can universally agree upon having no place in the game, meta or no. They are unfortunately not only super-niche but also significantly weaker than any of their counterparts to ever be useful in any team comp. Could you fill us in on what your official stance is on these champions, and an update on any plans that might be in the works to restore them to functional condition?

Heimerdinger
- This poor guy never ever seen a balanced state in the entire history of the game. Always either OP or a joke. What's the deal?

Karma - Like Heimer, except unlike Heimer you guys have never even bothered to buff her to OP status for a short time before nerfing her again.

Poppy - Too OP lategame, too weak early game to ever consider picking for any position.

Sejuani
- So yeah, I've heard you guys are working on her, any news?

Shyvana
- This one pains me the most. I love Shyvana, but lately I've had to come to terms with the harsh reality that she is simply BAD. There is no role that she can fill that another champ can't do better for one reason or another and even when she was considered strong, it was for a niche reason. Now she can't even fulfill that niche and the nerfs you gave her are insult to injury. Not a hard champion to fix though, why does it take so long to get around to giving some love to the ones that need it most?

As a side note, I would like to take the time to congratulate you on the fact that there are only five champions in the entire game currently in this state. That's quite a feat considering how big the roster is now, especially considering that none are noticeably overpowered either. I'm just dreaming of the day when all are viable, and hoping it is not too far off.

Valduran

02-26-2013

Anyone else who has a desire to play these champions again please help bump this until we get get an official statement.

Valduran

02-26-2013

Bamp.

Valduran

02-26-2013

No one else interested in finding out what's on the menu for these guys?

TheSilverSwagger

02-26-2013

z

Dusty Bronco

02-26-2013

How about Rengar?

LarcyBrown

02-26-2013

nope their functionality seems bad but its actually a lot better then you display here.Its not THAT bad.

their popularity on the other hand, is at an all time ultra low.Barely anyone plays them.
But low popularity doesnt equal inexistent functionnality you know.After all some of those champs have higher win rate then some of the most popular ones.

ClockworkMagus

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valduran View Post
There are 5 champions that most players can universally agree upon having no place in the game, meta or no. They are unfortunately not only super-niche but also significantly weaker than any of their counterparts to ever be useful in any team comp. Could you fill us in on what your official stance is on these champions, and an update on any plans that might be in the works to restore them to functional condition?

Heimerdinger
- This poor guy never ever seen a balanced state in the entire history of the game. Always either OP or a joke. What's the deal?

Karma - Like Heimer, except unlike Heimer you guys have never even bothered to buff her to OP status for a short time before nerfing her again.

Poppy - Too OP lategame, too weak early game to ever consider picking for any position.

Sejuani
- So yeah, I've heard you guys are working on her, any news?

Shyvana
- This one pains me the most. I love Shyvana, but lately I've had to come to terms with the harsh reality that she is simply BAD. There is no role that she can fill that another champ can't do better for one reason or another and even when she was considered strong, it was for a niche reason. Now she can't even fulfill that niche and the nerfs you gave her are insult to injury. Not a hard champion to fix though, why does it take so long to get around to giving some love to the ones that need it most?

As a side note, I would like to take the time to congratulate you on the fact that there are only five champions in the entire game currently in this state. That's quite a feat considering how big the roster is now, especially considering that none are noticeably overpowered either. I'm just dreaming of the day when all are viable, and hoping it is not too far off.
Shyv's fine, find a better candidate to lump in with the other 4 schlubs.

Valduran

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRybka View Post
How about Rengar?
Rengar is still staggering from the nerfs, but not neglected. He's still on Riot's radar and its too soon to say that Riot has forgotten all about him, like they seem to with these 5. Plus, there are actually times you might want to pick him for his unique abilities, nerfed as they may be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarcyBrown View Post
nope their functionality seems bad but its actually a lot better then you display here.Its not THAT bad.

their popularity on the other hand, is at an all time ultra low.Barely anyone plays them.
But low popularity doesnt equal inexistent functionnality you know.After all some of those champs have higher win rate then some of the most popular ones.
It's not that they are so bad that you can't make them work with some effort. It's that they are literally and objectively outclassed in every possible way. You cannot name any one of these champions for a role and not have another champ that can do it better. High winrate is easily explained by the fact that only dedicated players continue to use them and thus there are fewer poor games to balance the ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockworkMagus View Post
Shyv's fine, find a better candidate to lump in with the other 4 schlubs.
She's the least damaged, but still belongs here due to that fact that she is outclassed in every niche role that she performs by someone else. She is also the most frustrating because many of us actually main(ed) her, unlike the others who have never really seen major play by anyone and it is senseless for Riot to ignore her and not take the time to bring her up to par.

Thanks for the input/bumps everyone.

LaBarbara

02-26-2013

Karma is fine.
The reason she isn't played is usually because if you pick her your teammates will go bat**** crazy on you for picking something usually seen as bad.