more build paths for mana manipulator please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

That Other Guy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

Currently mana manipulator only builds into shard of true ice, a situational item that has nothing to do with mana regen and simply has mana manipulator thrown into the recipe for no apparent reason.

It would be nice to have it build into an item that actually fits with mana manipulator's purpose.

TheRottenCrow

02-26-2013

actually, shard of true ice keeps the original passive from manipulator, giving you an aura mana regen. as it stands, I personally love shard of true ice and its build pieces. I do agree it needs to build into more things than it does now. there was another item it used to built into, although I cant remember it atm.

XandirLing

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRottenCrow View Post
actually, shard of true ice keeps the original passive from manipulator, giving you an aura mana regen. as it stands, I personally love shard of true ice and its build pieces. I do agree it needs to build into more things than it does now. there was another item it used to built into, although I cant remember it atm.
It was Soul Shroud, a Health + MP5 aura + CDR aura item.

I think the only reason Mana Manipulator wasn't taken out with Soul Shroud was because it sees a lot of use in ARAM, so they tacked it on with Shard so they could just keep it in without it appearing to be orphaned.

I would love to see it build into more than one item though, it's currently the most general Advanced Tier item, and the cheapest of all of them, and yet it only builds into one Legendary, whereas there are some much more specific Advanced Tier items that can build into 2+ items that are even more specific (e.g .Zeal, Brutallizer, Stinger).

I think the problem is that we already have several dedicated mana regen items, so they can't really focus on that aspect of MM without just making it better than Chalice so that more people choose it over Chalice, so they'd have to think of a way to work with its aura capabilities as a Legendary, without just creating an item version of Clarity.

That Other Guy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

If they're going to make the upgrade similar to athene's they should design it in such a way that it's better than chalice for supports, but mids will still want athene's.

Dark Kuno

02-28-2013

I would have preferred it be the component combined with chalice to make Crucible. I would have positively synched with the chalice passive instead of negatively doing so the way the Sapphire crystal does in the current recipe.

Tyr Ahn Nee

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Guy View Post
Currently mana manipulator only builds into shard of true ice, a situational item that has nothing to do with mana regen and simply has mana manipulator thrown into the recipe for no apparent reason.

It would be nice to have it build into an item that actually fits with mana manipulator's purpose.
I Up-voted the idea, however, I think that Ideas like this hurt Riot's collective head. How can they micro-manage builds, and develop their "theater" which they call an "e-sport", with ideas like this???