Nidalee

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tutorials

02-26-2013

Is nidalee better as AD/Bruiser or AP? I've recently started using Nid and I decided to main her. Please tell me which is better, AD or AP Nidalee and why. Thank you very much.

Spam Waffle Taco

02-26-2013

AP Nidalee is certainly scarier and is much more of a pain to handle.

Personally, I haven't played her, but I've yet to fear an AD Nidalee.

Feels Goood Man

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

both work really well. AP nidalee is fun once you get good items and start taking 50% of your enemy's hp with 1 hit. AD nidalee is a bully in lane and push lane really hard while harassing/healing.

Aliasear

02-26-2013

In the cururent Meta, AP Nidalee is more effective compared to AD Bruiser Nidalee.

Since Nidalee's Q in cougar form deals more damage based on the % HP missing, she inflicts less damage to people who stack HP.

If you build her AP, her spears ALWAYS hurt, she can heal anyone for a LARGE amount, and she does consistent DPS in Cougar Form.

WickaWicka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

The person above this post says her spears ALWAYS hurt, is wrong, as your spears don't always land =P

I really find it depends on if I want to play the split pusher or the AP nuke. As AP Nidalee, you can still split push but odds are if you happen to get locked down for a moment, then you might die. With Bruiser Nidalee, you might get caught by a couple of people, but you will most likely get out of it. I'll usually go AP Nidalee top if my midlane is AD.

VanillaStarfish

02-27-2013

From my pov, AD nid top is better. The reason is because AP nid is not that strong in team fight. Your spear may hurt like 1000 damage but when the brawl start, it is pretty useless. I rather have other mage that can do some AoE or CC as mid, such as morgana or aniva.

On the other hand AD nid top can fullfil top role pretty well. Nid top somewhat counter other top champs due to range and heal. Nid also can escape gank easily due to trap, cougar jump, and passive (bush speed). In team fight, AD nid has enough hp and mobility to not die while can still do enough damage. Also Nid split push is quite strong (since she can escape easily).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG_SSifjBWs << this is a game from season 2 world championship where Nid top.

Kinvaras666

02-27-2013

copypasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
Nidalee is a very versatile champion.
She can be played anywhere (I just don't recommend jungling)
And she works very well with either, AP, AD or Bruiser-ish

The key is to focus on your strategy.

If you are building AP, you will want to poke all you can with your spears.
Since they have long range, it is very safe to throw them, do damage and be safe,
that's why AP is a better option, it does a lot of damage and is safe.

The problem with building AP however, is that you won't be able to handle any close combat, if anyone gets close enough, all you can do is run (if they aren't low enough for you to burst them with cougar)

As for AD Nidalee, she is able to actually get into the fight, but it is risky since you have to get closer than you would as AP.
Still, it is much better to be AD if you want to turn into a cougar and hunt people down.

Bruiser (tank-ish + ad-ish) Nidalee is also very good to hunt people down as cougar, but you will always be the backup for your allies, you probably won't have enough damage to kill by yourself, but you have enough sustain to tank some damage for your team.
Bruiser Nidalee is also great for split-pushing and back dooring

The key to playing Nidalee is focusing on the strategy:

If you are AP, KEEP YOUR DISTANCE, run as you need.

If you are AD, focus on the key targets and run from bruisers

If you are Bruiser, focus on protecting your allies and split-pushing.

TheDjinni

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliasear View Post
In the cururent Meta, AP Nidalee is more effective compared to AD Bruiser Nidalee. Since Nidalee's Q in cougar form deals more damage based on the % HP missing, she inflicts less damage to people who stack HP.
She also inflicts less damage to people who stack armor. Just because people stack HP these days does not hurt her more than when they stacked armor, or a mix of hp and armor. As long as both her targets have identical EHP, it doesn't matter at all whether they get it from stacking HP, or stacking armor, she does the exact same relative damage to both.

Just think about it:

Let's say you have a choice of targets, one with 1000 hp and 100 armor and the other with 2000 hp and 0 armor. Notice that both of these targets have 2000 EHP against physical damage. If you hit the first with Takedown, you'll deal 100 (+ 100% AD) physical damage, which gets reduced to 50 + 50% AD by the targets armor. If you have 100 AD, you'll deal 100 damage, or 10% of the targets max health. Similarly, if you hit the second target, you'll deal 100 + 100% AD, or 200 damage, or 10% of your targets max health. Identical.

Now, let's say both take 1000 physical damage over the course of a teamfight, so that they're both at half health, so you can see what happens when the damage on Nidalee's Takedown scales up based on missing health. If you hit the first target with Takedown, you deal 200 (+ 200% AD) in physical damage, which gets reduced to 100 + 100% AD because the target has 100 armor. If you have 100 AD, you'll deal 200 physical damage to this target, so that's 20% of the targets maximum health in damage. Now, if you hit the second target with Takedown, you deal 200 (+ 200% AD) in physical damage. With 100 AD, that's 400 physical damage... which again is 20% of the targets max health.

See? Identical percentages of both targets health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliasear View Post
If you build her AP, her spears ALWAYS hurt
Yeah, when you hit them.