Vent post

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Buunny

02-26-2013

Sorry for so much writing, i needed to vent. :/

It's been exactly 2 weeks since I've started playing League of Legends and i think it's time for me to go. It's been an honor to play and a short but wonderful experience.

When i first started playing this game, i only did support characters, and that was all I played with. (Mainly for the stupid reason that i thought all the support characters were cute) However as i talked to a player helper and got to know more, he explained to me that you must try to learn all the different roles for future benefits in the game. After meeting the player helper, i began to work on trying out all other roles, and let me tell you, that has been a disaster >.<

I'm currently level 10, I've only started out trying different roles at level 8. I feel really useless when i realize how majority of my teammates all already know which roles to go to and what champions to use. I get so lost when my teammates start using all these different acronyms that i don't understand. When i switch to try out new champions, i just keep causing my team to lose. To be honest I really don't mind losing. I believe losing is part of the learning process, especially in situations were everyone else on my team is just as confused as me. But i guess not all my teammates feel that way and the people I've been paired, especially the smurfs hate it when i can't support my lane. This leads to the next part:

I don't think it's healthy for me to keep playing because of that. Smurf's are part of the game, you learn to get used to it but I'm a really sensitive person :/ and i can't keep up to the expectations of smurf teammates/smurf opponents. I gotten a lot of verbal abuse and harassment from them for not doing good. Last week i got teamed with 3 smurf's (i think they knew each other) that harassed me and another new player. I was on my period and i got really depressed because of them. The entire game they cursed out me, my race and discouraged me to quit and never play again. It got so bad that after game, they continued to harass me out in the lobby and i felt so bad that I ended up breaking down crying. I should of just left and ignored them but I really couldn't help myself. It's pretty pathetic and stupid to be crying over mean people on a online game but that's how badly i fail. I never retaliate when people harass me on the game and i don't like to be rude. To me, the best part of the game is having a bond with your teammates and the sportsmanship that helps you win. So I've been afraid to try out new champions ever since.

But yes, with someone as weak and noobish as me, you can't really keep going. I don't want to discourage other players and i know there are other new players better than i am that can stand their ground being a new player. Good luck to all those new players, don't let losing or smurfs discourage you in any way.

TehomCD

02-26-2013

I'm really sorry to hear that, it's always upsetting to me to hear about nice people who are driven away from the game by jackasses, since it makes the community worse with their loss. My girlfriend is similar to you in that she's very sensitive, and she basically stopped playing pvp as a result - she still plays, but just plays co-op games with me, and very rarely I'm able to get her to play pvp in a full premade of nice people. If you enjoy the game, I'd encourage you to do the same - play mostly co-op for the generally nicer atmosphere, as well as queuing with people who you know are nice.

Sleep PK

02-26-2013

I started less than two weeks ago and though I have a lot of friends that play the game, only one really offered me advice.

To be honest, after level 10 I noticed the player skill drop dramatically. I think that's when the smurfs make new smurf accounts.

What you need is a group of nice people... I lack that too and every few days I tell people I hate playing with these people I watch say mean things. It was why I largely quit online gaming *until* a week+ ago. I know it sucks, but I remember the match someone singled me out at about LV6 (LV14 now) - except after that all it made me want to play better to not experience it again.

I'd say stick around =/...

Supafly GLHF

02-27-2013

Admittedly people in-game can get pretty harsh. My advice is find a few people in these forums and friend them. Then create some custom games or invite them to AI bot games and enjoy your time with them. Then try to gradually hop back into PVP from there. I know a few girls that have been discouraged from this game just due to the attitudes of some of the people they encounter in PVP.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2013

There! Get up and fight!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEm5E6yFUG0

As for the roles....
Screw the roles!

I only played ADCs, as mid, even after I was lvl 30, and then I started to trying jungle (and died to wolves every single time)
Still, don't give up, go and have fun, no matter what anyone say, play what you want when you want.

I still play Karma jungle when I feel like ad nobody will stop me from doing so.

Sukh01

02-27-2013

Since I started playing, I started to see this kind of things a lot on the games I played. Doing forum search only found "senior members" telling noobs like us (at least I was a super-noob back then) that this happen so few times, and found myself between the ragers in game and the sceptics on the newbie forum.

Every time a rager has born in game, there should born an anti-rager too, and I can't claim myself to be the knigth in shinning armor or a guardian angel to protect good people like you, but there are friendly summoners (like those above this reply) giving good advices like always do.

Add me, so we can play in game, also ask for friends (this is a good anti-rage advice), at least have one to play with.
If you are going to try a new champion, try it on custom game or vs AI, smurfs don't play vs AI that much (time to time some troll, but nothing serious)

TL.DR.- Get more friends, you'll live.

Swift Hikari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2013

Buunny, there are many on the forums who have been where you stand, and gamers like you are never alone. That's the beauty of online gaming.

Don't just give up. Believe me, I did. 3 years ago, right after beta, I left this game. Just couldn't handle it. Losing was one thing, but I could handle that. You can't win them all. But I couldn't get a grasp of the game, and people started getting angsty about it. I came back, and I'm so glad I did, because there are many friends I've made on here (tbh, I met my current girlfriend on here, and we've been running 2 years straight).

There is nothing wrong with playing support champions. You have to start somewhere, and if the reason you choose them is because of aesthetics, who is anyone else to judge you? Keep playing those champs, and you'll grow with the game as you play.

My next set of advice is to queue with other friends. Don't go in alone if you can't handle the pressure of the players. A friend to keep your mind in line and keep you focused on enjoying the game, not bantering with rabble children. Add me if you want (Swift Hikari) and I'll even run games with you to teach you some small things here and there, and keep players off your back.

In short, don't let the players get to you. You've just started a great game, and contrary to popular belief, there are still some good people in this community. Just stick around long enough to find some