Finish wriggles for Lee jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gnalde

02-28-2013

Hey guys

I've been practicing Lee Sin jungle and having a lot of fun with it. I am a bit torn about whether or not I should finish wriggles for him. I have tried both ways and seem to do better when I do finish it, but that might be coincidence.

Any thoughts? Please explain your opinions! Also, I do like to buy Sightstone as well.

Floggle

02-28-2013

I like getting it so I can solo dragon with a pink and a few pots.

PentaAsian

02-28-2013

Lee Sin with Wriggles is better than him without. Since he can "ward hop" having a ward always on you makes him really good either to set up ganks or to escape from the enemy team. As for keeping it through the entire game I don't know about that because I don't play Lee Sin myself. This doesn't say though to not buy wards though because if your Wriggle's ward gets spotted by a pink and is killed then always having a green ward on you is still nice in case that happens. Although you would always use your Wriggle's ward first because that one is basically free compared to the 75g you spend on a green ward.
About the Sightstone, it's generally not good on Lee because yes he can "ward hop" but it costs 750g to get a regular Sightstone which can be used to get a better single item like a Vampiric Scepter for a Bloodthirster.(Vampiric Scepter is 800g but the difference is very minimal that a single full clear of a jungle camp or a maximum 3 minions(any in lanes) will make up for the 50g difference.)

Jaxller

02-28-2013

i'd say yes just because it makes it so he has a reliable escape no matter what.

OJ Da Juiceman

03-01-2013

wriggles is good because of free wards and fast jungle clear. If you have money to finish it before 8 minutes, then buy it. Otherwise go another path.

Testicle Ketchup

03-01-2013

As somebody whose main jungler is Lee Sin, I say yes. I start off with machete and 5 pots and don't go back until I can at least get wriggle's and boots. If I die or am forced back, I try to at least get vamp scepter and boots.
For my next item, I try to quickly finish my merc treads to keep up mobility for ganking/escaping and also to be a bit more resistant to damage, as mages are starting to come into their damage at this point.
Next, I go for Phage and hexdrinker. Then Frozen Mallet and finish Maw. This leaves me with 2 slots to fill with whatever I need to counter the other team's damage or put out more of my own if I'm doing well. I tend to go with mog's and bloodthirster, although thornmail, frozen heart, last whisper and others are all perfectly viable.

TL;DR - wriggle's is awesome for quick clears and a free ward to jump with.

Big Bill 64

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PentaAsian View Post
Lee Sin with Wriggles is better than him without. Since he can "ward hop" having a ward always on you makes him really good either to set up ganks or to escape from the enemy team. As for keeping it through the entire game I don't know about that because I don't play Lee Sin myself. This doesn't say though to not buy wards though because if your Wriggle's ward gets spotted by a pink and is killed then always having a green ward on you is still nice in case that happens. Although you would always use your Wriggle's ward first because that one is basically free compared to the 75g you spend on a green ward.
About the Sightstone, it's generally not good on Lee because yes he can "ward hop" but it costs 750g to get a regular Sightstone which can be used to get a better single item like a Vampiric Scepter for a Bloodthirster.(Vampiric Scepter is 800g but the difference is very minimal that a single full clear of a jungle camp or a maximum 3 minions(any in lanes) will make up for the 50g difference.)
This. I completely agree with all of this. Especially about the buying additional wards. As someone who goes either support or jungler, I always have wards on me. Gank a lane, leave a ward behind to prevent a counter-gank.