Volibear or Vi?

Volibear 24 48.98%
Vi 25 51.02%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Volibear or Vi?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iamesauce

02-26-2013

So, here's what's up.

When the league system came out, I was relegated to bronze 3 (who the **** knows why, but w/e). About 30 games later, I'm on my silver promo series. I maintain about a 3:1 KDR in top lane (garen/cho/nid), and that's where I plan to carry myself to lower gold.

The problem is, while I'm quite often able to do well, others on my team may not. Therefore, I'm looking for someone with good initiation and team-sync capabilities.

Would Volibear or Vi be better for (primarily toplane) dominance with good lategame team-leading capabilities?

Being

02-26-2013

Volibear.

SlamHannigan

02-26-2013

I'd say just from my limited experience that Volibear has more ways of keeping an enemy where you want them. Vi is there to punish champs that get CC'd or otherwise boxed in.

TehomCD

02-26-2013

Volibear is stronger if the enemy team has no good way to kite him. If the enemy team has strong disengage (Lulu, Zyra, Janna, carries with strong escapes), then Vi is much stronger due to her hard initiate.

Aliasear

02-26-2013

Both deal % damage, but Vi's is more consistent because it's always every 3 hits and not on CD.

WickaWicka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

I was surprised to see so many people saying Volibear, I believe they are actually working on him so that he has a way to get to champions while making him still feel like Volibear. But as of now, he has problems getting to champions while Vi has two gap closers(though one can be used as an escape).

I would say Vi, I believe that she is better late game and can reliably get to the enemy carry every fight (s)he shows up in, not to mention how flexible she is(not like that, perverts), as she can top, jungle or even mid if you want to(ad mid being a big thing these days).

TehomCD

02-26-2013

Volibear actually is a very popular pick in the European League Championship Series games right now - Gambit Gaming first started using him, and now he's caught on. He's very strong, but I feel somewhat more niche than Vi due to how easy he is to peel with CC.

choasit

02-26-2013

I would say volibear because he can help others more than vi

Oz SammyD X

02-27-2013

Volibear is more fun in my opinion, I love pressing Q and charging at the enemy it's like going full ret@rd xD